Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LightWave Importer for Unity

cool, thanks chris

Thank you! Looking forward to trying the new build!

Hey Hey, I am getting an error on the model now...I uupdated the LW Importer complete and I get this error.

Assets/camerabooth/objects/camerabooth2.lwo "needs importing using the latest LWO Importer."

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    VirtualEscapes.Common.Importers.LWS.LWScene:valida teAndBuildPrefabs(List`1, Dictionary`2) (at Assets/Lightwave Importer/LWS Importer/Editor/LWScene.cs:226)
    VirtualEscapes.Common.Importers.LWS.LWScene:OnInsp ectorGUI() (at Assets/Lightwave Importer/LWS Importer/Editor/LWScene.cs:156)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Quote Originally Posted by GraphXs View Post
    "needs importing using the latest LWO Importer."
    Hi, yeah that's more of a warning than an error - hopefully it's not too serious and just means you need to reimport it all. One problem that LightWave Importer has is that it can't control the order that things are imported into Unity. So if the object file gets imported after the scene file then I think this warning will appear.
    Can you try the following:
    - Clear the Console log window
    - r-click on the camerabooth2.lwo in Unity and select reimport.
    - r-click on the scene file and reimport
    - Select the scene file and press the Create Scene button in the editor inspector.
    The warning should not re-appear in the console. Please let me know how you get on.
    Last edited by escape_artist; 09-18-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Assets\Lightwave Importer\LWS Importer\Editor\LWSceneBuilder.cs(73,147): error CS0433: The type 'ProgressBar' exists in both 'LWOImporterLibrary, Version=1.0.7214.20196, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'LWSImporterLibrary, Version=1.0.7214.33710, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

LWS version 1.12
    LWO version 1.63

unity 2019.1.4f1

do you think a bug or problem some place else ?

oh, got a feature request

be cool to have an option to combine all layers in the LWO to a single mesh in the LWO importer options

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    Assets\Lightwave Importer\LWS Importer\Editor\LWSceneBuilder.cs(73,147): error CS0433: The type 'ProgressBar' exists in both 'LWOImporterLibrary, Version=1.0.7214.20196, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'LWSImporterLibrary, Version=1.0.7214.33710, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

LWS version 1.12
    LWO version 1.63

unity 2019.1.4f1

do you think a bug or problem some place else ?
    Ah sorry, my mistake. The LWOImporterLibrary contained in LWO Importer is out of date by 15 minutes compared to the one in the full LightWave Importer asset. I'll update straight away.
    Thanks for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    oh, got a feature request

be cool to have an option to combine all layers in the LWO to a single mesh in the LWO importer options
    Yes I agree that would be cool - except I think it will break the LWS Importer when (if) it needs to use an objects individual layers in a scene.
    ...hmmm I'll have to give it some thought to see if there's a way around it.

any thoughts on this one ?

LWObject.OnEnable must call base.OnEnable to avoid unexpected behaviour.
    UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImpor terEditor:OnDisable() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/ImportSettings/AssetImporterEditor.cs:423)

Unity 2019.2.8.f1, when you select and LWO in the project view tree in unity.

got this as well on reimport

OnInspectorGUI should call serializedObject.Update() at its beginning and serializedObject.ApplyModifiedProperties() before calling ApplyRevertGUI() method.
    UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImpor terEditor:ApplyRevertGUI()

VirtualEscapes.Common.Importers.LWO.LWObject:OnIns pectorGUI() (at Assets/Lightwave Importer/LWO Importer/Code/Editor/LWObject.cs:194)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)
    Last edited by gar26lw; 10-09-2019 at 01:25 AM.

hmmm, it looks like Unity have changed something in 2019.2.8 - I'll update mine and fix those bugs. I don't anticipate it taking long (famous last words)
    -Chris

ok I've submitted a minor update to the Unity Asset store for both LWO Importer and LightWave Importer. The console will stop displaying errors with the new fix.

My suspicion turned out to be correct: Unity has made a breaking change in 2019.2, however I think you can still use the old version of LightWave/LWO Importer for now until the updates go live. It will still work despite the annoying error messages in the console.

thanks, yeah unity and it’s constant changes, always a bit of a risk to upgrade the unity version.

Still getting that error with latest LWO importer 1.631 in Unity 2019.2.8f1

Gonna try and roll back project to 2019.2.2f1 and see if still occurs. EDIT -> yep, still get :

LWObject.OnEnable must call base.OnEnable to avoid unexpected behaviour.
    UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.AssetImpor terEditor:OnDisable()

I got the error even though I removed Unity LWS importer. Didn't see an update for that on the store atm. was at 1.12.

rolled back to Unity 2019.1.4f1. don't want the error, just cos it freaks out other users on project :P
    Last edited by gar26lw; 10-09-2019 at 09:38 PM.

if no UV in object (no texture defined/assigned at all in surfaces) but two surfaces applied to a mesh (set reflection, spec and diffuse settings) using std material. lwo2 format from 2015.3

throws this warning using latest LWO 1.631 with Unity 2019.1.4f1 :

LWOImporter generated the following warnings for Object.lwo
    Found 1 instance of unsupported texture mapping. Polygons need to be UV-Mapped to correctly display textures.

UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    VirtualEscapes.Common.Importers.LWO.LWOImporterLog Manager:OutputToLog()
    VirtualEscapes.Common.Importers.LWO.LWOImporter:On ImportAsset(AssetImportContext) (at Assets/Lightwave Importer/LWO Importer/Code/Editor/LWOImporter.cs:139)
    UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.ScriptedIm porter:GenerateAssetData(AssetImportContext)

Didn't happen with one surface assigned and no reflection set with same object.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12