Thread: VLC SyncPlay and Tools 3.8

VLC SyncPlay and Tools 3.8

Kane
    a while back you gave us SyncPlay, an icon on desktop and you could just drop the files into it and they would play repeatedly. Really awesome! I updated VLC to 3.0.8 and I lost everything. I reinstalled Tools Version 3.8 and although it does play it will only play once. I have the player set to repeat but what happens is that the video turns to a green screen after one playing but the audio still gets through. The video is still playing in the player but it greenon the screen. I went to put back the older versions but found a strange thing. I have two versions or Tools 3.8. They are different sizes. I am confused now. Help is appreciated.
    Steve Rother
    Lightworker
    Las Vegas NV

I corrected the problem by uninstalling both VLC Player and NDI Tools 3.8. Then I reinstalled the older version of 2.2.8 and I reinstalled the OLD version of NDI Tools 3.8. Yes I have two versions on my computer. One was downloaded on 1/2019 at 134 Megs. The new 3.8 version was downloaded on 9/10/2019 and it is 162 Megs. After installing the new 3.8 I did configure the VLC Player as instructed but it only played once and then went Green screen. Also the Sync Player on the desktop sis the same thing. Now they both work. Hope that helps.
    Steve Rother
    Lightworker
    Las Vegas NV

The green output in VLC Player on a video loop affects MPEG-4 playback. To fix it, you have to change the default hardware acceleration options from Direct3D11 to 'DXVA' (or None). VLC Player 2.x didn't support this type of hardware acceleration which is why it is not affected. While you are turning off some level of hardware acceleration, it is no worse than what VLC 2.x would have, which defaults to None. Setting DXVA will be an improvement in performance.

This is documented in the PDF that comes with SyncPlay.

I've bugged this, but from what I'm told the issue lives in VLC Player 3.x.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.