Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair and Fur Tool workflow between LightWave and Blender

Positive notes regarding the export of hair created in Blender, in previous lightwave versions, after exporting out the hair and the object from blender, I had to copy it in edge mode and paste for the strands and of course delete the original hair polygons, otherwise fiberfx in layout would crash.

Well..It seems now with Lw 2019.1.1 itīs not necessary, I just loaded the figure with the hair from blender...as obj format export it all comes in to one layer, I just seperated it with standing in polymode and hit w for the statistics and select all polygons with 2 vertices, cut it and paste to another layer, q to rename the surface to hair, send to layout and apply fiberfx..and it doesnīt crash...so that is a better step not having to do that.

so in principly it is quite easy to export the hair, you just need to go to the blender modifier tab (the wrench, and convert the particle hair to a mesh before exporting to obj, I would suggest you turn off the particle emitter though, and switch to wireframe mode so that you see that the hair mesh is created properly.

And since you are supposed to use it as guides foremost, you do not want a display step of 8 (which I may use to have the smoothest render in blender) you need to set it to 3 or 4 perhaps, or you would have strands with too many edges.

And hey guys, donīt talk too much about Zbrush-Lightwave workflow now...or else we will have Chuck jumping in and split the post to another thread
    Guess itīs alright though, maybe he should have made it more open "hair and Fur Tool workflow between whatever app"

Got crashes anyway, but upon deactivating the hair, or trying to.
    And the render speed..a bit frustrating...I need to mustard some patience for wrestling with this in Lightwave, especially when it renders so much faster in you know what.
    Quality wise if set right, Lighwaveīs hair can look soo nice though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12