Thread: 2019-Modeler, Didnt know stuff

2019-Modeler, Didnt know stuff

I havenīt used modeler in 2019 that much, got a surprise when I was about to smooth a mesh, it is now with option to use realtime smoothing if numeric panel is open, that means you do not need the chris peterson realtime smooth plugin if using lw 2019 that is.

Actually there have been a number of small enhancements with Modeler thru the 2018-19 series. A few that come to mind are: UV's are maintained when you use the the Merge Triangles command. And when removing edge strips on polygon islands the first and last points are now being removed. Also the Extrude tool will always create properly flipped polygon normals no matter which way the user extrudes a face or a group of faces. There are others as well and I'll come back and post them as I run across them.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Actually there have been a number of small enhancements with Modeler thru the 2018-19 series. A few that come to mind are: UV's are maintained when you use the the Merge Triangles command. And when removing edge strips on polygon islands the first and last points are now being removed. Also the Extrude tool will always create properly flipped polygon normals no matter which way the user extrudes a face or a group of faces. There are others as well and I'll come back and post them as I run across them.
    Thankīs Tim, the extrude without flipping polys ..didnīt know, and handy indeed not having to.
    Thanks for the input of stuff like this.

Here's another: "Don't Save Any" option upon clearing Modeler.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

They do keep sneaking things in..and not telling folks....lol
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070