Thread: 410plus - 3 records on one drive

UK based Live Production

410plus - 3 records on one drive

with recording the 2 movs to the D Drive. We have been recording an MP4 via the stream option and all 3 recordings seem to work fine without issue - anyone had problems with the 410plus ? Looks like the hard drive inside is faster

The write rate of the H.264 file is pretty small, by comparison, which probably makes a difference.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Drives are faster since the first TriCaster systems where it was 2 recordings per drive (which is still the safe recommendation). Also, if you aren't playing back media on the same drive that will help with drive access time to allow extra recording to occur. Video format can also play a role, depending on if it it 1080p, 1080i or 720p.

But if you are also going to be performing playback on the DDR's (especially both DDR's at once), then I would stick with 2 maximum.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I did this with a TC1 where I had the 4 ISO recorders going 2 streams to a drive an an MP4 (4mbit) going to one of the drives as well. I had various issues when using the replay functionality of the TC1 with 5 recordings (4x ISO and 1x MP4) and support pinned it on that, the spinning drives were apparently being taxed too much with 3 streams at times.

UK based Live Production
    So as an update, I did a show with 2xISO and 1 MP4 on the same disk (loving the new smaller file size with the H265 recording format) and I played back content from the DDR for replays and some prerecords and everything went smoothly with our 410plus.