Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freezing one frame of a PFX

freezing one frame of a PFX

Is there a way to get just the point data into modeler from one frame.. almost like a save transformed object of just points? I found tibe3_pfx2polychains, but that brings in all the data.

Brain is drawing a blank.

Thanks for any help!
    Brett

I think I might be able to bake low rez instances at that frame, then import to modeler that way... then collapse the polys to get single points everywhere. Thinking out loud I guess.

From particles?

Well...If you by creation of the emitter, use partigon emitter instead of hv emitter, it will be enough to save out trans object at the frame you want, it will load in to modeler as points.

If you by any chance must do it with an already created hv emitter, you have to convert it to a partigon emitter first, then save out trans obj.
    The command is hidden, go to edit menu, search for particle2partigon and add that to your menu as you like..then you can use it on the hv emitter and then save out.

My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post
    Good with alternatives, but really, just follow my suggestions...and itīs done without no installing of plugins and quite fast too.

Thanks for the tips! I have a scene saved for me to try in the morning with my instances baked... but I'd still have to transfer them into modeler with a script. But I'm down to try anything. Thanks! I'll get it working one way or another. Don't think after all these years I've ever use partigons / emitter.

In DP Motion Designer, Particle Scan plugin, you can scan a particle emitter and export both a MDD file and a LWO point object (all set to origin),
    then you can 'save transform' this object with the MDD applied, though the exported object will contain
    the full number of particle/point needed (limb points may stay at zero origin).

Denis.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Good with alternatives, but really, just follow my suggestions...and itīs done without no installing of plugins and quite fast too.
    Thanks! This worked fine!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dpont View Post
    In DP Motion Designer, Particle Scan plugin, you can scan a particle emitter and export both a MDD file and a LWO point object (all set to origin),
    then you can 'save transform' this object with the MDD applied, though the exported object will contain

Denis.
    And this, also worked fine! Thanks!

Denis.

While I have you here

I think I maybe have talked to you about this before, you had under dp kit, a link to a Matt Webb script (pc2) it is no longer available,
    and I have contacted Matt and he responded that he no longer had that available for some reason I can not recall..he was sorry for that.

Now..do you have any insight or advice on getting lw particles in to Blender with velocity vectors intact? I think that script was supposed to do that but never got the chance download the script.

...you had under dp kit, a link to a Matt Webb script (pc2) ... but never got the chance download the script.
    Apparently it is still available, but on another site,
    I updated the link on my page.

Denis.

Apparently it is still available, but on another site,
    I updated the link on my page.

Denis.
    That sounds great denis, but It still only directs to the old Matt Ebb page, canīt you just post the link here?
    Or link exactly to where you changed the link on your site.

That sounds great denis, but It still only directs to the old Matt Ebb page, canīt you just post the link here?
    Or link exactly to where you changed the link on your site.
    Probably an error with my uploader, I add a dummy line (..?)
    and link works but just in case it fails again for you,
    http://mattebb.com/projects/bpython/.../export_pc2.py

Denis.

Probably an error with my uploader, I add a dummy line (..?)
    and link works but just in case it fails again for you,

Denis.

Thanks denis, that link you posted here works, but the other one on your page is still the same and not working..

not working, the link on your site..these are the adresses..
    http://mke3.net/projects/bpython/poi.../export_pc2.py

working...

Thanks anyway, I need to do something for you soon.

Must have gotten it all wrong, i thought that was a script for Lightwave to export Lighwave partiles to blender, but it seems it was a script for blender?
    Just getting errors in Lightwave 2019 that is.

particle scan and export to mdd and also a lwo object, that works in blender if you load that lwo object and use the cache modifier in blender, you can play the mdd files, but it is not particles, so it will not work with blenders fluid system..and that is what I need, so I need it to be converted to blender particles somehow.

Under the cache modifier in blender, which I used to play the exported particles to MDD, there is also a pc2 option, and I thought that was what I could use, had this script been a lightwave particle to pc2 exporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast