Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 159 of 159

Thread: Cheaper (or faster?) CPUs are coming

  1. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    and yes, you followed me from that conversation to here, so that just shows how personal you are taking it, and your whole reason for being here is just you have an issue with me and you just want to try and discredit me.
    You are taking it just as personal.
    Discredit you? You did that all by yourself in this thread a couple of times already i dont have to or want to do that.
    The fact remains i presented you with all the information you need, you refuse to even read or acknowledge it which means you dont have a basis for argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    well 3 or 4 people over 15 years, considering how opinionated im am aint bad, and it has nothing to do with the subject matters, just the way you go about it.
    Stubborn is a better description, opinionated is an understatement.
    Well how do i "go about it"?
    You dont even know, because you havent really read any of my posts.
    I explained things to you in recent posts, provided videos that would solve our issue once and for all, even told you there that we wouldnt have to fight about this anymore if you would at least consider watching it.
    You refused to listen. You continued rambling. It always takes two for a fight, i offered you a way out more than once, you continued to ramble. Its on you!
    Honestly i actually care about the discussion, you dont, you dont want to be challenged and you feel offended when someone does.
    It doesnt really matter what i write you either wont even read it or you will just ramble some more. How unreasonable.
    If any other person would read this thread from start to finish they would notice that all i did was offer evidence, proof and lots of information, your responses were attempts at mockery, arrogance, smugness, unwillingness to review facts and evidence, all because you take it personal and dont want to be challenged.
    Last edited by Lemon Wolf; 09-24-2019 at 06:13 AM.

  2. #152
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,280
    and in not so many words I accepted some of your facts, so ill do partly the right thing and make it plainer,

    I agree those clock speeds or near to would be how it works under most conditions or almost all, but you have to accept the fact that those illustrations were obtained through the same methods I obtained all mine, none of them are from 100% reliability for the simple fact of timing of release and the fact intel doesn't fully disclose that information by its own statement, so had to be sourced through illegal or product testing means ,
    also you have to accept that the way intels own website is that worded implies it can be one way or the other depending circumstance or even individual product differences (e.g. they cant predict which core or cores will perform at, above or bellow stated)
    and also that terminology like "boost" can be taken in more than one way depending on manufacture, it doesn't really matter if its clocking or not, to me and many others clocking evolves permanently changing the profile to increase the performance, where as boost works dynamically, but fine if you want to call it clocking well just call it "clocked too" (even though most pc forums still refer to it as "boost" as most the msi and asus boards pull there settings from the maximum boost profile)

    ill even apologize if you think im insinuating that you are defiantly linked to other users, I didn't accuse you fully because im just not 100% sold on it, but the way you went about things just seems very fishy and incredibly similar in subject matter, attitude and terminology (and the fact you have followed me through at least 3 threads on more than one forum) you could have easily just voiced your opinion for a few posts then let it go, and I would have done the same.
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  3. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    and in not so many words I accepted some of your facts, so ill do partly the right thing and make it plainer,

    I agree those clock speeds or near to would be how it works under most conditions or almost all, but you have to accept the fact that those illustrations were obtained through the same methods I obtained all mine, none of them are from 100% reliability for the simple fact of timing of release and the fact intel doesn't fully disclose that information by its own statement, so had to be sourced through illegal or product testing means ,
    also you have to accept that the way intels own website is that worded implies it can be one way or the other depending circumstance or even individual product differences (e.g. they cant predict which core or cores will perform at, above or bellow stated)
    and also that terminology like "boost" can be taken in more than one way depending on manufacture, it doesn't really matter if its clocking or not, to me and many others clocking evolves permanently changing the profile to increase the performance, where as boost works dynamically, but fine if you want to call it clocking well just call it "clocked too" (even though most pc forums still refer to it as "boost" as most the msi and asus boards pull there settings from the maximum boost profile)
    You know what, i agree with you.
    In some areas it really does depend on how you look at it, because it can be interpreted in one way or the other way.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    ill even apologize if you think im insinuating that you are defiantly linked to other users, I didn't accuse you fully because im just not 100% sold on it, but the way you went about things just seems very fishy and incredibly similar in subject matter, attitude and terminology (and the fact you have followed me through at least 3 threads on more than one forum) you could have easily just voiced your opinion for a few posts then let it go, and I would have done the same.
    I accept that apology and i am really not some other person.
    And i apologize for being pushy in some of my statements. I do get carried away sometimes.

  4. #154
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,280
    Thank you
    easy, and we can all now carry on, and I even got the result I wanted from my first post so thanks to erikals for intervening
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  5. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    796


    Nice one gentlemen and please forgive me for finding some fun in those last nine pages. Only question remaining is how much coffee did Steve have to drink to follow the thread ?

  6. #156
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,280
    I think we need a new sheriff, I asked him to stop me about 4 days ago!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  7. #157
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,280
    but hey, here is a conspiracy theory for you to mull over, in the past, just after a special price offer finishes, it goes deafly quiet, then out of the blue, brand new lightwave!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  8. #158
    NewTek Social Media Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    I think we need a new sheriff, I asked him to stop me about 4 days ago!
    Steve's on vacation, and my reaction times have really slowed down in my old age.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

  9. #159
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,397
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Nice one gentlemen and please forgive me for finding some fun in those last nine pages.
    Masochist.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Only question remaining is how much coffee did Steve have to drink to follow the thread ?
    I have just returned from a peaceful time in Saskatchewan, watching giant vee's of geese flocking South, listening to coyotes yipping and elk bugling over a nice campfire. Did i miss all of this? Hmmmm. I can't think of a diplomatic answer.

    Anyway, it seems for once to have resolved itself amicably, so I think I'll skip reading all of the back and forth and hope it's done with.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •