Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 159

Thread: Cheaper (or faster?) CPUs are coming

  1. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    148
    If you want a general comparison, Anand bench is the best.
    Here is an AMD vs Intel 12 core comparison, Intel costs twice though:
    https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2519?vs=2265

    If you want to compare to top 2000$ Intel 18 core vs AMD 32 core, here you go:
    https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2133?vs=2297

    What you do not see here, is updates that may improve performance over time, for example AMD got several boosts lately in Win10.

  2. #92
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    LOL, yep, that was me, 5 to midnight was my last post, but if your going to continue to post cinebench etc images, I will continue to through images random and rubbish just to annoy back. to be honest I still have no clue what your trying to tell me or what the point of it is, because I wouldn't buy a PC at stock, I doubt many others are just running at stock I just wanted to see what lightwave could do on others and if it had improved since the ones I tested,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  3. #93
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Free4Ever View Post
    If you want a general comparison, Anand bench is the best.
    Here is an AMD vs Intel 12 core comparison, Intel costs twice though:
    https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2519?vs=2265

    If you want to compare to top 2000$ Intel 18 core vs AMD 32 core, here you go:
    https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2133?vs=2297

    What you do not see here, is updates that may improve performance over time, for example AMD got several boosts lately in Win10.
    the intel also got a boost, but as I stated from beginning, and above, it still shows me the intel even though it has far less cores, is much better at render, because all the render benchmarks on that page are higher or equal, just look at the blender cycles engine (I would compare that to lightwaves) its almost 50% faster with almost half the cores! so can someone show why?
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  4. #94

    the solution is simple.

    Make a New Thread

    render a scene
    package the scene
    share the scene
    share the rendertime

    all you need to do now is to get an AMD guy to render it


    (forget about the Marbles scene, it is bunked)
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  5. #95

    Actually, don't...

    i'm making a new thread right now...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  6. #96

  7. #97
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks Erikals, I know it can feel a bit toxic sometimes, (I am honestly having a little fun at others expense so sorry for that) and there was no point me starting a thread as I highly doubt anyone would have entertained it so thanks to you maybe some will.
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  8. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    but if your going to continue to post cinebench etc images, I will continue to through images random and rubbish just to annoy back.
    I showed you facts that have been proven by industry standards. You didnt listen.
    On the page before i used your CPU-Z benchmark to disprove your point, which you ignored again.
    At least i am trying to keep things straight to the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    to be honest I still have no clue what your trying to tell me or what the point of it is
    Thats just sad. Reading graphs and understanding what they mean isnt hard. But apparently its hard for you, more on that down below.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    because I wouldn't buy a PC at stock, I doubt many others are just running at stock
    The overwhelming majority of systems you can buy online run at stock.
    To think that its otherwise is frankly a bit crazy. Most consumer PC systems dont have the required cooling solutions to even support overclocking.
    You know there is a reason why every reviewer be it a Youtuber or a respected media platform benchmark system or components at stock.
    Think about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    it still shows me the intel even though it has far less cores, is much better at render, because all the render benchmarks on that page are higher or equal, just look at the blender cycles engine (I would compare that to lightwaves) its almost 50% faster with almost half the cores! so can someone show why?
    Maybe you should get your eyes examined.
    Look at the left side there it sometimes says "higher is better" and "lower is better".
    Now what does it say about the blender benchmark, yes lower is better and what do the bars show in that result.
    Perfect example of why this discussion has turned into this farce.

    You are having fun?
    Its fun being deconstructed over and over again?
    Well ignorance is bliss it seems.

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    well, at least you guys now have a LW2019 scene to prove right or wrong

    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  10. #100
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,279
    "The overwhelming majority of systems you can buy online run at stock.
    To think that its otherwise is frankly a bit crazy"

    depends where you shop, scan is the largest retailer in uk, all their 3xs intel systems are clocked for free.

    Maybe you should get your eyes examined.
    Look at the left side there it sometimes says "higher is better" and "lower is better".
    Now what does it say about the blender benchmark, yes lower is better and what do the bars show in that result.
    Perfect example of why this discussion has turned into this farce

    maybe I did that on purpose to provoke a troll as its the only render value stated that way, lots and lots of other "higher is better" in that list,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  11. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    depends where you shop, scan is the largest retailer in uk, all their 3xs intel systems are clocked for free.
    Clocked for free? What odes that even mean? It makes no sense.
    Pre overclocked systems are not the standard and i explained to you why.
    Most PC systems are not the "high end" but midrange and entry level.
    Those system dont have the required cooling solutions for OC as they are built on a budget.
    Many of those system use motherbaords that simply dont have enough VRMs for overclocking and the power supply might also be a limiting factor.
    And lots of vendors wouldnt void warranty of components on purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    maybe I did that on purpose to provoke a troll as its the only render value stated that way
    What a miserable attempt to save face.
    I do take it very personal that you refer to me as a troll.
    YOU are quite obviously the troll here. I brought you tons of evidence and relevant data to the discussion, disproved your points with your own evidence.
    I explained so many things to you and you didnt even bother to think about them.
    You constantly ignore proven facts and data in favor of your gut feeling.
    And then you call me a troll?

  12. #102
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,279
    What a miserable attempt to save face.
    I do take it very personal that you refer to me as a troll.
    YOU are quite obviously the troll here. I brought you tons of evidence and relevant data to the discussion, disproved your points with your own evidence.
    I explained so many things to you and you didnt even bother to think about them.
    You constantly ignore proven facts and data in favor of your gut feeling.
    And then you call me a troll?

    excuse me, but you have called me all sorts of names and insults from the start, I have not actually directed a single thing at "YOU" personally, even that quote you assume is directed at "YOU" says to provoke "A" troll, the only attacks by me have been on information, your even replying to me about my replies to "other" people, so if that's not a personal attack on me by "YOU" I don't know what is, I don't see them copying every single line of my text and trying to turn it around! maybe you should just go and do something constructive like a render time?
    most PCs are not high end? then why are we talking about flagship chips? why would you pay for a flagship processor and then spend 50 quid on a MB and cooling????? if your working 7 days in 3d, why would you buy low end? from what I see your the one who keeps trying to turn this around to your advantage
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  13. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    excuse me, but you have called me all sorts of names and insults from the start
    I did not call you any names.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    I don't see them copying every single line of my text and trying to turn it around! maybe you should just go and do something constructive like a render time?
    I like context.
    And i am trying to set things straight.
    And if i see people spreading misinformation and half truths i cant help myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    most PCs are not high end? then why are we talking about flagship chips? why would you pay for a flagship processor and then spend 50 quid on a MB and cooling????? if your working 7 days in 3d, why would you buy low end? from what I see your the one who keeps trying to turn this around to your advantage
    Because you made it sound like every PC out there is overclocked and you cant think of people not overclocking.
    You made a very broad generalization. I did try to explain that to you. All i am doing here is being the voice of reason and facts.
    I dont even have to try to turn things around to my advantage, you undermined your position in this thread several times without realizing it and you still dont get it.
    Last edited by Lemon Wolf; 09-22-2019 at 06:43 AM.

  14. #104

    I did not call you any names.
    not directly, but on the edge.

    anyway, jump over to the other thread to testrun stuff.

    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...Benchmark-2019
    Last edited by erikals; 09-22-2019 at 06:52 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  15. #105
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,279
    so calling me a "troll" (when every other post from you is along the lines of "Hello rustythe1? Are you still there?" and a "Flat Earther" is not name calling?
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •