Thread: THANK YOU for bringing back selectable ISO audio source record in AE3

THANK YOU for bringing back selectable ISO audio source record in AE3

A long time ago (standard edition maybe) there was a feature when recording ISO cameras that one could select from any audio source.

In AE1 and AE2, although it always looked like it was working (EG, audio level meters flickering on shot monitors and in record panel) for whatever reason it never would do it. The only thing that was possible to record, evidently, was the audio that was hardware associated with the ISO channel. It was unfortunate as it made using the ISO channels and mixed audio an effort to get the lip sync correct.

HOWEVER, evidently, it seems that this feature is back working the way it used to!

I just want to say thank you, NewTek, for getting this little thing working again. It saves a huge amount of time when attempting to utilize the ISO camera recordings for a little post program repair for an unintended switch, PTZ move or incorrect title (all live program directors know how these mistakes can happen!).

Regards,

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

So you can select source, master, aux1 etc or does everyone just get master audio?

Well, it looks like you can route any source you'd like. For me, for the three iso records, I take master. This is what wasn't working before, even though it teased you to think it did with the level meters showing that there WAS audio present.

nice!