Thread: Difference between the TriCaster 850 and 855

Question Difference between the TriCaster 850 and 855

We currently use an 855 for basic switching and recording, but recently had to dust off the 850 we've had waiting for action. I'd like to know if anyone has a link as to where I can find the differences between the 855 and 850. Neither one is an Extreme model.

I'm not having any luck on the forums or the web in general. Any help would be appreciated.

It's been a long time, if I recall, the 855 has everything in 850 Extreme (IsoCorder recording, additional recording formats and custom transitions being some of the big features). The 855 also added a few new things like Transwarp transitions and I think some more audio processing options.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks. I know they're quite similar. I'll have to sit down with them and check the recording capabilities to see if there's anything major there. The use is going to be pretty basic with just switching and recording, but I need to see if they'll both record Quicktime 422.

I dusted off the old 850 and noodled around with it. Turns out that the 850 cannot do iso recording nor can it record in Quicktime 422. I'd consider those pretty major points. It's been a while since we used it so it was kind of a trip down memory lane, looking at the old interface.