Thread: WiFi connection on HDMI Spark

WiFi connection on HDMI Spark

Hello!
    I work at a school and we use 3 Sparks (1 HDMI and 2 SDI). I've got them all updated to the latest firmware. Last year, I was able to connect them to our WiFi Network without a problem and then at some point last spring they were no longer visible, I cannot see them using NDI Monitor or on our TriCaster mini through the WiFi. All is good when hardwired on ethernet. I have a very strong feeling that it's due to something that our IT department did with our network, but not being an IT guy myself, my trouble shooting is limited.
    Before I go back to IT with this issue, I thought I'd throw this out here to see if it looks familiar to anyone. In the screenshot I attached I have my HDMI Spark connected via Ethernet to my switch and I'm showing the WiFi Network that it "appears" to be connected to (NHVMEDIA), however it also appears to be grayed out...or at least the WiFi connection icon appears to be grayed out. Any ideas? Thanks!

By the way, I do use the Sparks hardwired most of the time. I understand my best connection is going to be the ethernet connection.

As a side note, my Newtek NDI Camera App on my iPhone still works and is visible via Studio Monitor & on the mini.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 7.30.39 AM.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	145867
    Last edited by jeremybrandt; 09-03-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ
    http://www.VoorheesTV.com

TriCaster Mini - AE 3
    TriCaster Mini Control Surface
    Primary Cameras - JVC GY-HM750 - Birddog Eyes P200 PTZ

When I look at my Spark, I see a lighter filled in area for the WiFi icon based on signal strength. Your appears to not show any signal for that network.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

What Kane wrote is the same I've seen, the icon changes according to network strength.

How far are the Sparks from the nearest WiFi access point?
    If it's more then 5 meters, expect break up in the video stream.
    More then 10 meters, expect network drop outs.
    More then 15, run a cable.

I'll take a look at that but it just seems odd that my iPhone that's on the same network comes up and connects without a hitch. And like I said, I do go hardwired nearly every time. Thanks!
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ

TriCaster Mini - AE 3

So still no luck with this issue. I can say that I'm directly under an access point and when NOT connected to the domain, the signal strength appears perfect...the icon is filled in white. But when I connect to that network, the icon becomes grayed out. I've tried multiple domains, but still no luck. The screen grab shows all the networks with various signal strengths. NHVMEDIA is the one I used last year with no problems...it shows strong signal strength until I connect to it, then the signal appears to drop out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 2.08.37 PM.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	145903
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ

TriCaster Mini - AE 3