Thread: TalkShow VS4000

TalkShow VS4000

We are thinking about getting the 4000 model to use with our video programs.

We currently use both the 460 and a mini. What I have seen on the user guide that it has SDI video ports. We have cameras that connect to the 460 which are component with the Red, Blue and Green. I do not see where that can be used with the TalkShow system. What I would like to know ishow can I get the cameras to work with the 4000 system.

I know I can take the show and bring it into the 460 via NDI. It is just the problems of getting the cameras set up. Also do I need to have the cameras connected to the 4000 or can I use the camera feeds from the 460 to do the Skype calls.

There will be times where we would like to have 3 - 4 callers on a the same time. With the 460 we can use comps to show all 4 callers at the same time.

Plus from what I have read, many users had a lot of problems in getting it setup and running.

We do not want to put that much money out if it will not do what we need.

Any suggestion would be grateful.

Jeff

The typical setup for a TalkShow does not require you to connect cameras directly to its inputs, although one could do that. If your cameras have component output, as appears to be the case, you could use some relatively inexpensive component to SDI converters for that purpose, though I really doubt you'll need to bother with that. (Normally, you would run program output from the Switcher back to the remote callers, not isolated camera feeds.)

Imho, NDI is the ideal method of sending remote Skype feeds to the TriCaster inputs, and TriCaster output back to the TalkShow for return to the remote caller. I think the part that some stumble over initially is how to configure the mix minus audio return, but honestly this is not hard and is something you're going to have do for any call in situation. I would have to say that this is far easier to do with NewTek products and NDI than is common without them. I would mention one thing - you will need a software version on your 460 that supports audio routing (it's been so long since I used the original software version that I forget whether this is now universal).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve,

This gives me more to look at. We are using the 460 and Mini with the latest AE2 updates. Haven't done the AE3 yet, still trying to get the to let me spend the money for it.

Jeff

AE2 will work quite nicely with TalkShow. You can set up a single NDI output from TriCaster with the video feed you want to return to your remote callers, and the same stream can include four unique mix minus audio streams to supply their audio. Everything you need to transmit in either direction can be handled with a single network cable.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks again Steve, will give it a try this weekend.