Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Secure Reliable Transport (SRT)

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    It was added as an output in the latest update for TC1

http://514f211588de67e4fdcf-437b8dd5.../TC1_Notes.htm

7-3-200818 (August 18, 2020)

Improvements

* Added support for SRT streaming.
    Hi does anyone know if the download update 7-3-200818 is ready / available for TC410plus? As the upload page is still showing Current Version: 7-3-200515 .

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BBZ Studios View Post
    Hi does anyone know if the download update 7-3-200818 is ready / available for TC410plus? As the upload page is still showing Current Version: 7-3-200515 .

Cheers

I just ran the downloader and it does show the version to download is from August 18th so you should be good.

I just ran the downloader and it does show the version to download is from August 18th so you should be good.
    Ok thanks alot..

Hi all

I have just updated my TC40plus to 7-3-200818, There is a note saying : "stream your iPhones camera to Tricaster".....Are we able to stream from your iPhones to our TriCasters remotely from anywhere now & Is that the SRT improvement?

Cheers...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BBZ Studios View Post
    Hi all

I have just updated my TC40plus to 7-3-200818, There is a note saying : "stream your iPhones camera to Tricaster".....Are we able to stream from your iPhones to our TriCasters remotely from anywhere now & Is that the SRT improvement?

Cheers...

Joe
    I believe that part if you follow the link is their NDI app which works easily over LAN/WIfi. With that being said, if the TC1 accepts SRT inputs like the TC-1 does then you could indeed get an SRT camera app and then configure that to work. You would need to make sure the ports you are trying to use are setup on your router to forward to the TC1 so it can communicate but once you do that you can use an iphone or android over SRT to easily stream via cell from anywhere in the world. If the 410 also got SRT output like the TC1 did you can also stream your mix back out to an SRT listener with low latency to provide visual/audio feedback to a remote caller.

Ok, thanks for that clarification. Are there any notable differences in the SRT improvements or is it all under bonnet in-terms of a more secure reliable transport systems (MSRTS) haha..

cheers!..

Kind regards

Joe ..

not sure what else they did but being able to stream out SRT was new. Previously publishing SRT was a TC2 exclusive. The Other models could only bring in SRT streams.

not sure what else they did but being able to stream out SRT was new. Previously publishing SRT was a TC2 exclusive. The Other models could only bring in SRT streams.

Hiya Thanks for that information, we didn't know about that, Still learning about this mazing bit of kit (tricaster)..So how do we go about publishing a SRT stream out from our tricaster, is there any available information. I presume this new update will eliminate the use of a 3rd party software app such as Srt streamer ect ?. Thanks again !!

kind regards

Joe

It is in the stream configuration area where normally you would do RTMP/Youtube/Vimeo etc. you can now do an SRT output and specify the destination port etc. Helps if you are more familiar with SRT to know what to put in.

It is in the stream configuration area where normally you would do RTMP/Youtube/Vimeo etc. you can now do an SRT output and specify the destination port etc. Helps if you are more familiar with SRT to know what to put in.
    Wow!! Thank you .. that great cheers.

Kind Regards

Joe

Hi,

Any guidance in setting up the SRT server selection?

I've tried setting it up, port forwarding my router, etc. However, not getting anything on the other end (VLC with srt://x.x.x.x:10000). Are there any specific parameters needed on the TriCaster end in the SRT dialog box? Doesn't seem so. Similarly, anything on the VLC end?

Thanks!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

PS Crossposted to the Facebook TriCaster group
    Last edited by fgolman; 09-18-2020 at 04:13 PM.

I believe that VLC Player only operate as a SRT Caller meaning that TriCaster has to be in the 'Host Local SRT Stream'

You can then test on the local network with VLC using the Access URL that is displayed at the bottom of the window.

For access outside your local network, you would have to setup the correct UDP port forward from your router and then set VLC Player on the far end to access the IP and port of the router doing the port forward to the TriCaster.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes, I did all that.

However, I tested from outside going in on a port forward. I'll try a simpler setup inside and see what happens.

Thanks!

Fritz
    Last edited by fgolman; 09-18-2020 at 09:11 PM.

UPDATE: Even on local network, VLC just sits there with no program coming out. Just the activity bar showing it's polling the system I guess. :-( Possible bug? Anyone get SRT streaming output working at all?

Fritz

UPDATE: Tried on local network with Vmix SRT input from TriCaster SRT output. Tried all sorts of permutations in caller mode. Nothing. Has anyone successfully actually sent an SRT stream with the 0818 update?

Fritz

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast