Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Secure Reliable Transport (SRT)

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    I believe this is a mistake of Newtek guys
    putting the Mini 4K features update in the read me file of AE3...
    The fact that the "What's New" document discusses various models in their own sections really does not imply universality, any more than if a brochure or manual discusses several models.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    The fact that the "What's New" document discusses various models in their own sections really does not imply universality, any more than if a brochure or manual discusses several models.
    Hi Steve,

I understand when you say "What's New", but it is in the "Read Me" in the AE3 update.

It's frustrating when you see that the 7-3-200428 for AE3 didn't bring anything new, even the ability to start and stop individuals streams is not available for AE3 in this update...
    I don't know if SRT are available in this update as I didn't have enough time to see.

If I knew that all the good features are not available in this update for AE3, I would not updated my Tricaster, as I had some sessions that I will use this friday. But ok, let's wait to see what is fixed and what is new in this update...
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

The readme was in error. The correct one is now posted.

Just tried these features and there are working on AE3.
    - Start/Stop streams individually
    - SRT Ingest
    - Animated GIF support in buffers
    - NDI-KVM if you are running on Windows 10
    Last edited by kanep; 05-06-2020 at 01:48 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,

Could you explain how can I start and stop the individuals stream? I didn't find anything different in the encoders configuration panel?
    Is it possible to start an stop individuals streams using the CS?
    Daniel Choi

I understand when you say "What's New", but it is in the "Read Me" in the AE3 update.
    Ah, I see. Going by past history, the readme files on the server typically don't get updated as fast as the builds do. This is a bit of a problem, I agree.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Kane,

Could you explain how can I start and stop the individuals stream? I didn't find anything different in the encoders configuration panel?
    Is it possible to start an stop individuals streams using the CS?
    You need to start with one encoder checked and then press the 'Encode/Streaming' button.

Once the first encoder is running, you can check on/off any of the other encoders by clicking on the checkboxes. Just don't uncheck the primary encoder that you started with, that one must be active the entire time. You will see infomration about encoders status listed in the notification center.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane!!!
    One thing that I forgot to mention is that after installing the update, everytime I open a session I get the message for Intel HD Graphics: "Please update your Intel GPU drivers before you use this product." But the drivers are already the latest. Than there is an option to continue without updating and everything works well. How can I disable this message?
    Last edited by Koinonia; 05-06-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    Daniel Choi

I've got this driver installed on my Mini HDMI unit, Intel drivers 10.18.14.5117 dated 11/25/2019. I don't have a TC460 to check to see if that GPU is the same as my Mini HDMI, but I do not get any message when the system starts.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

It's too bad that some of the features weren't enabled for the 8000 at least. But these are good so I'm not looking at a gift horse in the mouth.

I particularly appreciate the individual streaming controls because I HATE the way Facebook handles live versus YouTube. This will be nice for an event I'm remotely producing for the Museum and I send to both FB and YouTube. Will give it a try on Tuesday, 5/12: MBC's Happy (half) Hour.

Obviously, if there was a performance issue, well, I get it.

But, it would have been SO nice if Live Panel or some of the other features that are now available on the Mini 4k would have come over.

Skype? To quote "To Dream the Impossible Dream … " ;-)

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Skype TX requires Windows 8 or 10 to operate. It is not compatible with Windows 7.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I've got this driver installed on my Mini HDMI unit, Intel drivers 10.18.14.5117 dated 11/25/2019. I don't have a TC460 to check to see if that GPU is the same as my Mini HDMI, but I do not get any message when the system starts.
    Hi kane,

The Intel drivers of my 460 (Intel Graphic i7 2600) is 9.17.10.4229 and I checked at Intel website that this is the latest for my Intel HD Graphics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-05-07 at 08.29.52.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	147689

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-05-07 at 08.29.52 (1).jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	147690

If I clicked yes, it should understand that I can't update the Intel Drivers and stop showing this warming messages every time I open a session...
    Last edited by Koinonia; 05-07-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    Daniel Choi

I submitted a bug report on this.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

The RTMP input works great! I just programmed in a camera URL and, bang, it was there!

Name:	IP camera.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	499.4 KB 
ID:	147852

On another tread it was mentioned that it would be great if that URL info could be populated in the session rather than in an external utility. My question, to that end, is would Datalink values work in there? That would be a little clunky, having to update on a second computer the URL, but it's better than nothing to totally fixed.

Just a thought.

Fritz Golman

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    The RTMP input works great! I just programmed in a camera URL and, bang, it was there!

Name:	IP camera.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	499.4 KB 
ID:	147852

On another tread it was mentioned that it would be great if that URL info could be populated in the session rather than in an external utility. My question, to that end, is would Datalink values work in there? That would be a little clunky, having to update on a second computer the URL, but it's better than nothing to totally fixed.

Just a thought.

Fritz Golman

Did you notice that KVM control appears to be standard now?

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Did you notice that KVM control appears to be standard now?
    NDI KVM is a standard feature on all Windows 10 based TriCaster systems with the latest 7-3 update.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast