Thread: UK Manchester Office to Close

UK based Live Production

UK Manchester Office to Close

For those in the UK EMEA who don't subscribe to the UK Tricaster Facebook group, we found out yesterday that Manchester Office is closing and Bryan and Adam are both leaving.

I believe we found out by accident yesterday but needless to say, this puts us all in the UK in a worrying position as to what the future holds. Currently any kit that needs fixing needed to go to your nearest authorised repairer.

UK based Live Production
    OK - so for UK users only - what do we want for UK support.

I know some people have left newtek and tricaster due to support issues previously here and the fact they felt they were being overcharged for things as simple a RAM swpas and then there was fact that their single Tricaster would be out of action for 3-4 weeks with no chance of a swap in during that period - So with manchester now emptying their office and there is as yet no official line - What do the UK Tricaster community want ?

Vice President Customer Sucess
    Hi Adrian,

As you are well aware, we were acquired by Vizrt earlier in the year and that acquistion is rippling through the industry in positive waves. We are very excited about what the future holds and NewTek is committed to revitalizing the entire Global Support Organisation. As part of this commitment, NewTek will utilize the Vizrt Group global infrastructure and align best practice processes.

The official messaging with more details will be coming in the next several days, but I want to reply directly here. As we are moving forward with increasing our investment in the region, it is identified that having the current office in Manchester is not suitable for growth. The physical building was intended as a sales office and is ill-suited for shipping, receiving, and warehousing of parts which in turns creates friction and challenges for our customers.

I regret that the information was delivered without context of the full situation, but I can assure you that the plans are not to "empty Manchester," but rather invest smartly to service the entire EMEA community with in region support for products and repairs. We are also planning for educational resources and better professional service options to our product offering.

Every transition comes with some turbulence and as we make moves, we can expect some here. NewTek is not leaving the UK. Rather we are combining forces with our Vizrt brother and sisters in the Ealing office in the greater London area. More details will come through official channels as to how we will handle repair and support in region, but we will be increasing these efforts over the proper time as the market allows. I also am concerned by those that speak of expensive support and parts with little availability to bridge gaps while customers are left with few options. The goal is to make better, not purely reduce cost.

More information to come from your channel partners in the next few days. We will have official messaging very soon at the IBC trade show.
    Will Waters

Vice President Customer Sucess
    Newtek Inc.

UK based Live Production
    Hi Will

Thanks for you message - will await the news of where this is going shortly. As a fan going back to the toaster days, I want to be sure that all us customers in the UK don't get left behind.