Thread: Tricaster TC1 2RU Versus 3RU

Tricaster TC1 2RU Versus 3RU

In March 2019, Kane Peterson wrote on this forum, “Between the TC1 2RU and 3RU the difference is the power supply and case size.” A valid comment from an unrelated technical thread worth investigating.

Wow! $5,000 US extra cost (B&H) for the redundant power supply and a larger 3RU case in the flagship Tricaster TC1. An additional cost of 33% on the 2RU unit.

Sales/Support are there any other additional features and benefits (hardware/software) in the TC1 3RU unit over the 2RU unit that are not documented in the promotional literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Editec View Post
    Sales/Support are there any other additional features and benefits (hardware/software) in the TC1 3RU unit over the 2RU unit that are not documented in the promotional literature.
    Pricing discussions are indeed Sales questions, and I don't think they hangs out in here. I'd suggest speaking with your reseller, distributor, or directly with NewTek Sales (pretty sure [email protected] would get you there).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Update: Thanks Steve, followed your recommendations with little success. No responses from Newtek Sales despite the emails.

Though theories abound about the pricing. The TC1 is assembled as standard in a 2RU form factor, and disassembled on special request for Clients requiring the redundant power supply into the larger reassembled 3RU case.

Such is the price for power continuity.