Thread: Tricaster not receiving NDI-HX feeds from Panasonic PTZ cameras

Tricaster not receiving NDI-HX feeds from Panasonic PTZ cameras

I have a 460 running Advanced Edition 2 and a TC1 running the current software build as of last week and neither can receive the NDI-HX video from my Panasonic AW-UE70 cameras with the paid NDI-HX upgrades. My Tricasters do work with a Connect Spark though, so it seems like the Tricasters like that type of NDI-HX devices.

I’ve tried two different network routers but no change.

What’s strange is that a Windows 7 machine on the exact same network each time running Studio Monitor does receive the NDI-HX signals from the Panasonic cameras.

Any ideas?
    Nick Nokes

Gear used:
    Tricasters (TC1, 460, 455)
    Timewarp Controllers
    Cameras (Sony NX5U's, Panasonic PTZ's)
    Birddog NDI Converters
    Unity Intercom

To start, do the TriCaster see the Panasonic cameras in the NDI list? Or is it you see them, but when you select the source you get nothing?

Is NDI set as the primary operation in the web interface of the Panasonic cameras?

What happens if you manually add the Panasonic cameras as a remote source using NDI Access Manager? (Make sure you run Access Manager as Admin when you do this, also make sure you select Panasonic as the device type.)
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,
    I can see the Panasonic cameras when I try to assign them to a Tricaster input, but the video remains black when added (based on memory, I’ll re-confirm that though). Is that a possible clue as to the problem?

NDI is set as the primary on the cameras in the Panasonic web interface.

I’ve not worked with NDI Access Manager but I can check that out Monday.
    Nick Nokes

Gear used:
    Tricasters (TC1, 460, 455)
    Timewarp Controllers
    Cameras (Sony NX5U's, Panasonic PTZ's)
    Birddog NDI Converters
    Unity Intercom

Trying to determine if the issue was the discovery of sources or the connection of the signal.

If you see them in the list, then NDI Access Manager isn't going to change anything.

What is your switch? If you can try with an unmanaged one just to see if that makes any difference. When it comes to NDI-HX devices, each manufacturer uses different ports for communication, so it is possible that one HX device can work and another not if some ports are being blocked.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.