Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 460 Adv 3 Transcoder Settings

  1. #1
    Registered User SteveRother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    30

    460 Adv 3 Transcoder Settings

    First I love most of the features in the new Adv 3 for my 460. Looks like you put back many features that were on the Pro Toaster.

    Can anyone tell me where I can find settings for the recording transcoder. It seems only capable of recording one setting. Where did the settings go?

    The new feature with the T in side the circle has killed several of my videos. Video hickups and snyc problems in the transcoded videos happen often. It also throws everything into a session file which is on the same physical drive that runs the machine....I don't know about the rest of the wold but I would never do that. I have more than 400 video 60min+ all arranged in folders. This throws them all together and does not seem to allow me to rearrange them or move them after transcoding. Can I shut off this feature so I dont hit that feature when I go to adjust volume?

    This is a nightmare when it happens during live broadcasting. No way to stop it either.

    Anything you can tell me would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Steve Rother
    Lightworker
    Las Vegas NV

  2. #2
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,401
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRother View Post
    First I love most of the features in the new Adv 3 for my 460. Looks like you put back many features that were on the Pro Toaster.
    Wait'll you seen the next round.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRother View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can find settings for the recording transcoder. It seems only capable of recording one setting. Where did the settings go?
    I could be wrong, but I suspect you're confusing the DDR's transcode feature with something else (maybe the trasncoder in Export, which has many more options?).

    The little circle with a T in it on some DDR icons is mostly just a convenient way to encourage people to use the transcoder integrated into the Import feature (File menu). It's not mandatory to click it, though encouraged. Also, you don't really need to hit i to modify audio levels for a clip, which you can do by right-clicking an icon.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRother View Post
    The new feature with the T in side the circle has killed several of my videos. Video hickups and snyc problems in the transcoded videos happen often.
    I'm not aware of any issues with transcoded files related to playback (I think there's one related to losing the alpha channel from some file formats), but that's not to say there couldn't be one. If you can reliably reproduce this, please submit a bug report with full details.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRother View Post
    It also throws everything into a session file which is on the same physical drive that runs the machine....I don't know about the rest of the wold but I would never do that. I have more than 400 video 60min+ all arranged in folders.
    I don't have a TriCaster handy at the moment, but I think you can set the path if you use import instead (could be wrong). You make an interesting point about the default location for the DDR variant of the transcoder, though.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  3. #3
    Registered User SteveRother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    30
    Thanks for the help. The encoding I was looking for change is the external recording. The settings used to be accessible In the Record menu settings.

    The one questions I still need is: Is there any way to remove the Circle T so that I don't accidently hit it while streaming live?

    Thanks
    Steve Rother
    Lightworker
    Las Vegas NV

  4. #4
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,401
    The only way to remove it is to transcode the clip. If you do happen to hit it accidentally, I don't think it will cause an issue - at least I've never heard of one. Transcoding runs in the background at low priority, and can be cancelled using the clip context menu.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •