Thread: Problems with Instancing

Problems with Instancing

I've been having trouble with Instancing for multiple objects in the same scene. The second object seems to affect the first, even though it has a different name and a unique Instance generator.

Several times I've built a series of simple instanced animations (clones of the original), each of which is a rectangular array with only X-expansion and X-offset (uniform) envelopes. This works exactly as intended.

BUT every time I try to add a new instanced object, with different envelopes, my original object loses some of its animation channels!

Has anyone had a similar problem with multiple object Instancing in the same scene?

Thanks

Running LW 2019.1 on MacPro OS 10.13.6
    Last edited by Archigram; 08-22-2019 at 05:20 PM.

I’ve head something similar recently but couldn’t trace my steps to reproduce. If you can remember your steps please report it!!

I've been trying to do a simple version of this, but can't reproduce it from scratch. I'll keep trying and post when I get results.

In the mean time, I DID discover that my original scene file loses instancer envelopes (specifically in the offset channel) every time I IMPORT ITEMS FROM SCENE-- even if that item doesn't have an instance generator attached. (Not importing anything other than the object.)

See the attached screen shots: BEFORE has an active offset envelope; AFTER has an inactive envelope, though the keyframes still exist.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after import.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	901.8 KB 
ID:	145810
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before import.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	913.4 KB 
ID:	145811