Thread: Datalink Text Wrap

Datalink Text Wrap

Anyone know how to create a fixed text box for datalink entry? When I use one of the Newtek templates the text will wrap within a certain area (ex. Social Media 004). When I create a graphic from scratch in LiveText, it will always see the text as a single line that runs off of the graphic and entire screen. I'm not seeing anything in LiveText that will allow you to set a text area. Thought maybe I could import one of the Newtek templates and edit off that but LiveText won't take it (looks for a .cg file and projects are .cgxml). Tried putting in sample text as a placeholder (In LiveText) and then exporting to Tricaster. But when I change that text to the datalink code it re-wraps to a single line. There must be an easy way to do this that I'm just missing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm running Advanced V3...btw. Thanks.

To do this, create text box with a left mouse button click and drag. Then (and this is the key part), you need to fill in the text box with dummy text for all of the lines you want to be able to fill in. Then export your title as a CGXML. When you get it into TriCaster, put in your DataLink key and it will fill in the multiple lines of text with word wrap.

Here are some pictures.

LiveText title creation:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LiveText.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	145800

TriCaster title template:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Template.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	145801
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

That was it. Thanks Kane. Selecting the title tool and dragging the text area before you type in the dummy text was the step that I was missing. Appreciate your help as always. - Mike