Thread: Help with using one TC1 and NDI for multiple locations

Help with using one TC1 and NDI for multiple locations

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to use a single Tricaster TC1 for multiple locations. Here is the issue:

I have a session setup with 3 NDI cameras and an NC1 in a remote conference room. I can send a Mix 2 back to the conference room and use Aux 1 as a mix minus. The issue I am having is that when I create a new session, that Mix 2 and Aux1 is being sent to the other room via the previously configured NC1.

Is there a way to select which NC1 you want to use at any given time? Ideally I'd like to have an NC1 in multiple locations. Depending on which room I want to broadcast from and subsequently send mix 2 back to, I'd like to have the mix 2 only sent to the room I am using, and not the other NC1 devices. Does that make sense? Is selecting which NC1 to transmit and receive from an option?

Thanks for the help!

-Matt

Are these NC1 IO units?

The latest software with the NC1 IO adds NDI KVM support, this would let you access the interface of these units using NDI Studio Monitor, then you can configure using the user interface.

It if also possible to control the NC1 IO using the macro system on the TriCaster. However, this falls into needing NewTek Professional Services to help you out, as it requires some custom macro coding. Using this method, you could have macros that would configure the NC1 IO inputs and outputs on the system to what you need. If you are interesting going this route, send me a direct message and I can help you determine how to proceed for this.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes the units are NC1IO. If I have each location mute the A/V at the device after the output of the NC1IO, would that work? I suppose it would be eating up network bandwidth. How many NC1IOs can the TC1 output to?

Also, I will send you a PM about the Macros.

Thanks!

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mafyew View Post
    Yes the units are NC1IO. If I have each location mute the A/V at the device after the output of the NC1IO, would that work? I suppose it would be eating up network bandwidth. How many NC1IOs can the TC1 output to?

-Matt
    You could mute the audio, but it would still use bandwidth between locations. A disconnected source will use no bandwidth, but still be available for re-connection.

Bandwidth is the limit to how many connections you can output too. Multicast can help you get around bandwidth limitations, but this requires specific network settings to operate correctly.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.