Thread: TC AE2 update now causes keyboard to randomly lockup

TC AE2 update now causes keyboard to randomly lockup

In March, I updated my Tricaster to the latest build (as recommended by NewTek to help solve a separate issue). Since then, I've had issues during live shows with my keyboard locking up and essentially disabling macro keys. Also, when right-clicking a DDR clip or GFX graphic, the menu that pops up shows for less than a second and disappears. The mouse scroll wheel is also disabled. The problem is ALWAYS remedied by clicking the left-most DSK thumbnail window. This will happen a half dozen times per show.

NOTE: there is no control surface being used, just your typical keyboard.

NewTek customer support has had me perform a system restore, exchange drives, add in a USB hub, only use the white USB ports, and try different keyboards. I've also sent project log files to them but nothing appeared "out of the ordinary".

Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions? The TC build I had before the update was 5-1-171027c.
    Last edited by PackNetwork_Jar; 08-21-2019 at 10:32 AM.

I would contact support. I'm not heard of issues, they would be able to help.

http://new.tk/support
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I've been back-and-forth with support for months. We're just going in circles now.

Just for kicks, have you updated the nVidia graphics driver? Can't hurt to try...

I don't know which model you have, but you can figure out the graphics card model in Windows, then go to https://www.geforce.com/drivers and find the driver for your card, and also select (most likely) Windows 7 64-bit version. Download and install, and do NOT choose the "GeForce Experience" just basic installation. You may need to select a graphics driver dated prior to the Newtek update or TriCaster may not accept the driver.

Also, is the UI monitor 1920x1080, or 4K? The latter could cause potential issues

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    Can you please PM me your Case number and I will take a look.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call