Thread: Tricaster 8000

Tricaster 8000 Crashing

Hello,

I have a tricaster 8000 which has crashed a couple times in the past weeks.

Can anyone point me towards any log file locations that may help me pin point what might be causing them?

I have found some nvidia display driver service crashes in the event viewer, so i am wondering if my drivers need updating.

Here is some system info,

Build 2-6-18-0122C

i7-2200-K
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
    Driver 306.97

Is there a specific driver version recommended / tested with tricaster software?

Any help appreciated.

dj
    Last edited by djhayman; 08-20-2019 at 05:46 PM.

New versions of software will alert if a newer drivers are needed. That nVidia driver is pretty old.

What I would recommend is updating the TriCaster software and nVidia driver to the latest versions to see if that helps. If not, then a call into support would be the next step.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,

Thanks for your reply. I'll go ahead and do this to see if it improves. I do not run the last upgrade so couldn't say if a prompt came up or not!

I'm currently downloading the latest build version, is is possible to also download older versions (2-6-18-0122C) specifically in case I need to roll back?

Thanks
    dj

Support can get you some older builds. I always recommending keep a copy the last build you download just in case you need to go back.

I make a 'Update' folder on the D: drive of the TriCaster and keep a copy of all update there (software updates, NDI Tools, driver updates, etc).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.