Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tricaster 8000, 860 & 460 Discontinued?

This extends further than just producing content in non-win10 compliant environments.

Not being able to upgrade web-browsers is breaking our system as of right now. This too is frustrating for us, we have a 3-year old TC 8000 (and newly updated AE3) and trying to use YouTube to stream reliably is nothing but a headache in the past year. I realize this is 3rd party access BUT this access would have work around with the ability to update the browser. We are running the latest version of AE3 and as of three weeks ago Youtube has been broken. This “new” change to Youtube studio beta is a terrible complication making life for more that just me, a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRandom View Post
    This extends further than just producing content in non-win10 compliant environments.

Not being able to upgrade web-browsers is breaking our system as of right now. This too is frustrating for us, we have a 3-year old TC 8000 (and newly updated AE3) and trying to use YouTube to stream reliably is nothing but a headache in the past year. I realize this is 3rd party access BUT this access would have work around with the ability to update the browser. We are running the latest version of AE3 and as of three weeks ago Youtube has been broken. This “new” change to Youtube studio beta is a terrible complication making life for more that just me, a nightmare.
    Install FireFox, you can do that on AE3. Uninstall the Mozilla Maintenance Service and TriCaster will start with no warning messages. Set FireFox as the default browser and it will open using the web brower button in the streaming panel or the button found in the notification center.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Install FireFox, you can do that on AE3. Uninstall the Mozilla Maintenance Service and TriCaster will start with no warning messages. Set FireFox as the default browser and it will open using the web brower button in the streaming panel or the button found in the notification center.
    This is great info, thank you! Will give this a go this afternoon, I appreciate the quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Will FireFox work (without warnings) on AE2?

I've used Firefox on AE2 without warnings. As long as you remove the Firefox updater. That part shows up with a warning.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

KHAA..huh? Dropped Call? Sledgehammer's Avatar
    Regarding the loss of use after end of sale, the system isn't going to roll over and die. It will continue to function. There are third party companies, like ComputerWise in Utah, that continue to service end of life TriCasters. If the IT department won't connect your system to to the network because of the OS, then there are solutions for that, like an external encoder, or a PC to take the NDI out of the TriCaster and using the NDI Toolkit, send the programming out of that PC.
    And really, just communicating with the IT department with your needs should work. I worked with a school in Hawaii that had their IT Department lock down their TriCaster so badly it couldn't go to NewTek for updates. After a bit of conversation, everything was unlocked and their system worked great.

I have heard rumors that the TC8000 base software is compatible with W10, and if this is the case - all of the security issues introduced with the EOL of W7 embedded will go away. It has long been on my list to remove the OEM hard drive in our 8k and replace it with a SSD, and when I do that I may give W10 a whirl and see if it will drive the software correctly. If not, no harm - no foul. I'll just stick the OEM drive back in there.

That would be useful, when we did the paid AE3 upgrade we would have happily paid a bit more to update it to a WIN10 OS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    Regarding the loss of use after end of sale, the system isn't going to roll over and die. It will continue to function. There are third party companies, like ComputerWise in Utah, that continue to service end of life TriCasters. If the IT department won't connect your system to to the network because of the OS, then there are solutions for that, like an external encoder, or a PC to take the NDI out of the TriCaster and using the NDI Toolkit, send the programming out of that PC.
    And really, just communicating with the IT department with your needs should work. I worked with a school in Hawaii that had their IT Department lock down their TriCaster so badly it couldn't go to NewTek for updates. After a bit of conversation, everything was unlocked and their system worked great.
    I think we are all aware the system won't spontainlously combust

Point is a three year old system, dev knows the EOL date of win7 at that time and could have been working out a migration from that point. You have to figure most places run on a minimun of 5 year replacement cycles, due to associated costs we go 7 years for this particular part of our infrastructure. I would have gladly paid another $1000 on top of the $1000 I just paid for AE3 upgrade, to be up-to-date. To be frank, I really wish this would have been built on top of *nix instead of the zooligical nightmare that Windows is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12