Thread: NDI plugin for OBS

Exclamation NDI plugin for OBS

Hello!
    I have a question about lan connection between two PC for streaming.
    I made giga lan connection and when i stream 2k video on youtube using second PC there is variable lan load, that cause some quality problems on video stream.
    There is separate LAN between PC with two giga network cards only for OBS.
    So, question sounds like this:
    Can I make a connection between two clients OBS with NDI plugins constant?
    Now i see LAN load 40-200 mbit/s, but can i make constant 200 or 300 mbit/s between thoose OBS clients to improve video quality?
    Can somebody help me with this?
    tnx.

NDI bandwidth is based on the resolution and frame rate of the signal you are sending. There is no user adjustment you can apply to the bit rate. NDI does use VBR compression and will provide similar image quality despite the datarate. If you see it drop lower, I would expect that you probably have low detail content on the screen (like a mostly solid color image for example).

Are you seeing lower quality in the NDI source itself using NDI Studio Monitor?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    NDI bandwidth is based on the resolution and frame rate of the signal you are sending. There is no user adjustment you can apply to the bit rate. NDI does use VBR compression and will provide similar image quality despite the datarate. If you see it drop lower, I would expect that you probably have low detail content on the screen (like a mostly solid color image for example).

Are you seeing lower quality in the NDI source itself using NDI Studio Monitor?
    I posted about this in another thread, too, just as OP, with some linked images. I can see the degradation of the source using NDI Studio Monitor.