Thread: Recording M/E's

Recording M/E's

Okay, I am about ready to pull the trigger on a TC1 with an 8 input NC1 addon to replace my 860 Advanced Edition 3.

My question is can I record the M/E's with a TC1 and/or the NC1 setup.

I know with my current setup I have 4 different mixes available. In my current setup, theoretically, I have to route the M/E's I want to record to the Mix 2-4 and record those mixes for this to work. My problem is that I have 4 cameras on a Chromakey set. So, I need to record 4 M/E streams. The practice that I have been doing is that I would record the 4 ISO's (Internally) and the mix as a backup externally (on a portable SDI recorder). I would then playback the ISO in the media player put the appropriate M/E on each source on the external recorder. This can be very time consuming on long interviews, so I am looking for a faster approach.

On the current software you still need to send the MEs to Outputs to make them recordable and then you have the hard limit of 4 in the ISO corder. The next version of the software removes the 4 limit and does some more options but its more storage limited in that the drives can only safely record so much before they tap out. (External drives, network storage etc are alternatives). There are technically 2 H264 recorders via the stream tab that could be used to record one of the mix outputs but not sure this would help and it may cause issues with 4 ISO recordings + another h264 depending on disk speed. 4 is the official record number supported.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    On the current software you still need to send the MEs to Outputs to make them recordable and then you have the hard limit of 4 in the ISO corder. The next version of the software removes the 4 limit and does some more options but its more storage limited in that the drives can only safely record so much before they tap out. (External drives, network storage etc are alternatives). There are technically 2 H264 recorders via the stream tab that could be used to record one of the mix outputs but not sure this would help and it may cause issues with 4 ISO recordings + another h264 depending on disk speed. 4 is the official record number supported.
    Here is what I did, I set my Mixes 3 and 4 as a test to record M/E's 1 and 2 on the 2 streaming recording channels.

They both recorded the actual M/E, but the video is sped up to where a 50-minute interview is now 43 minutes long.

I did this so I can still have the ISO recordings with the green.