Thread: Retargeting Mocap Rhiggit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Retargeting Mocap Rhiggit

Hi I've used Rhiggit for retargeting mocap and its an awesome plugin. Although I have some motion files bought off Turbosquid, the sample file I initially downloaded retargeted straight away with Rhiggit as the bones came into Lightwave fine. But some files bones are coming in like the attached from the fbx yet they seem fine in an FBX viewer.

To retarget I need to get these files into a T pose to match the Rhiggit Rig. Does anyone know how to make the bones smaller on import to retarget ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cycle.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	448.9 KB 
ID:	145747

The alternative is to make the RHiggit base pose match the initial frame of the mocap as close as possible, which might be a whole lot easier.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    You can adjust the bone size simply by selecting them all and changing the size option in the bone properties panel.

As for Tposing... try just setting all the bones rotations to 0,0,0... may work, may not. Depends how the bones were setup during their original creation. If it doesn't... then yes, as K says, the only thing that matters for Rhiggit retargeting is that both characters are in the same pose on the first frame... Tpose is ofc easiest, but any pose will do so long as they're the "same" relative to the 2 characters.

See the vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PgNXjHJTv4&t=2m38s

for a reminder of the idea of "realtive" matched base poses.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by sinelab View Post
    Hi I've used Rhiggit for retargeting mocap and its an awesome plugin. Although I have some motion files bought off Turbosquid, the sample file I initially downloaded retargeted straight away with Rhiggit as the bones came into Lightwave fine. But some files bones are coming in like the attached from the fbx yet they seem fine in an FBX viewer.

To retarget I need to get these files into a T pose to match the Rhiggit Rig. Does anyone know how to make the bones smaller on import to retarget ?
    You'll probably just have to fiddle with bone sizes in Layouts UI. Don't know if one Orient Hierarchy in the Rigging Toolbox would help with that or not.

There's a vid in the original RHiggit made called FBX_Exchange. Don't know if he has it up on 'Tube or not. Also Mocap Editing with FBX-IK in his Foundations.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Thanks got it working : )