Thread: Modify model brought in from DAZ?

Modify model brought in from DAZ?

Quite sometime ago I did a project bringing in human character from DAZ 3d. I'm afraid I've more or less forgotten everything about the process, but I was able to bring the character in rigged with bones and read to animate.

Now I want do a new project with the same base but modify the character model a little bit. Just for a test I added a new box next to the arm with a bunch of subdivisions to the same layer as the rest of my character - and my new box is not deformed by the bones at all?

How do I make new polys be deformed by the same bone rig?

I'm afraid I have little to no experience with bones and character work.

Thanks
    Ocean Byrne
    humble pixel farmer
    www.moceandesigns.com

Your model is probably rigged and weighted. The bones have influence weightmaps. I suggest opening the model in Modeler, changing the display in the Perspective viewport to weight shade, then clicking W button on the bottom right and then on the drop down menu next to it going through the weightmaps.
    Once you found the weightmap that lights up next to your added mesh, go to the map tab on the top, select your geometry and click "set map value" on the panel on the left.
    Set the value to 100% and save the object afterwards.

I suggest to read up on weightmaps, they are a really powerful tool helper in LW

First in Layout, look at the properties for the bone you want to use & note its weight map name. Then in Modeler, assign that weight map at 100% to the new geom & save. Back in layout once you've reloaded, it should now respond.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Thanks guys
    Ocean Byrne
    humble pixel farmer
    www.moceandesigns.com