Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layout and Modeler not talking in 2019.1

Has the original poster deleted all configs and let it rebuild them? This is commonly a cause for issues too.
    I don't have a problem here, but yeah the hub needs looking at seriously, because it's old... And probably hasn't been redesigned to make sure it works around the new security systems that Windows has in place.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Has the original poster deleted all configs and let it rebuild them? This is commonly a cause for issues too.
    I don't have a problem here, but yeah the hub needs looking at seriously, because it's old... And probably hasn't been redesigned to make sure it works around the new security systems that Windows has in place.
    Doubt it would be anything like that, I just installed the 2019.1.1 release and only had it open a pair of times, but for the issues that showed up with 2015.3 I cleared all the configs..but the issue remains ..when I switch to layout from modeler..it brings up two instances of layout..where one is not responding, and the same from layout..switching to modeler results in it trying to open two instances of modeler and only one is working.

Feels like something happened either upon installation of the new lightwave release, or the larger windows update.
    I will now uninstall 2015.3 32 bitand re-install it..since that is the version that allows me to have the most plugins available.

for 2019.1.1 I do not know what to do, except to delete konfigs and perhaps re-install it, not sure if I installed it previous to the windows update or after, making sure it is done after is perhaps the best.

Just uninstalled Lightwave 2015.3 and re-installed it...and the same thing appears anyway, once I loaded modeler..then switch to layout..it opens two instances of Lightwave, but this time both versions are working..had to close one of them, then creating and changing an object and make sure to sync it..then swapping windows with alt tab is enough to ensure that the model is changed also in layout, a bit frustrating to have it open two instances though..not sure what it can be?

for 2019.1.1 though, it suddenly works okay..the isse there was just that it didnīt sync properly, but now it does..something with the hub perhaps..so 2019 doesnīt open double instances of modeler, and once synced with layout..any change I do on the model, and the just alt tab to switch to modeler..the change is made, I only have to sync once after I have sent the object to layout and switched back to modeler.

You should not have to send object to layout more than once, and the sync should only be needed once per modeling start up sequence..not for every change you do on the model, once switching to layout the change should update automaticly.
    Installement of Lightwave I do as administrator, but I am running it not as administrator.

I just tested in 2019.1.2 and the same problem occurs. When switching to Modeler, the object doesnt automatically appear there, I have to manually select it from the pulldown...and syncing (even multiple times) doesnt get the edited model in Layout. Send object to Layout doesnt open a 2nd window, but it does put a seperate object into the scene.

Has anyone put in a bug report on this recently?
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Ok, I tested 2019.1.0 on my laptop, and Modeler and Layout were talking just fine....however, after installing 2019.1.2 they no longer communicate they way they should. Neither does 2018.0.6.
    Last edited by lwanmtr; 08-12-2019 at 12:09 AM.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

I just ran into this issue a couple of days ago. 2019.1.0 and 2019.1.1 hub was sending info back and forth as expected except I was experiencing a related issue with the new modeler layer panel breaking hierarchy via a trip through the hub, and I sent in a bug report on that.

Suddenly (or so it seems) there is no communication thru the hub other than launch modeler from layout with selected object open. When modifications are saved the return trip to layout gets no update without replace object command. There are two intervening events that may be involved. Windows updated (long one) and I got it in my head to uninstall 2019.1.0 (keeping 2019.1.1 and 2018.07 installed. After that I first noticed the hub misfires Lwanmtr described.
    John Gutwin
    Pepperchrome

I had mild success on my laptop, after uninstalling 2019.1.0 and reinstalling it, 2019.1.2 communicated again...however other versions didnt....doing this on my desktop did not restore any communication on any version.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

I have been running into many of the same issues mentioned here as well. There are now a few threads on this topic so I sure hope the dev team can sort this out. It's not really a bug report we can send in with content so it can be reproduced either and seems to happen on some PCs but not others from my experience. These kind of problems really make Lightwave seem like a buggy mess. Many users rely heavily on the Hub since Lightwave is broken into 2 separate apps so the Hub really needs to work as expected.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

I did put in a ticket and went back and forth with tech support for a while...he finally said it was sent off to the dev's so who knows what will happen now.

And yeah, I had to make a simple scene they could play with.

Part of the porblem is that the tech support folks are running the previous windows version, so anything that might be caused by the latest big update they cant deal with.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post
    I did put in a ticket and went back and forth with tech support for a while...he finally said it was sent off to the dev's so who knows what will happen now.

And yeah, I had to make a simple scene they could play with.

Part of the porblem is that the tech support folks are running the previous windows version, so anything that might be caused by the latest big update they cant deal with.
    Yes I'm pretty sure the 1903 update is causing these issues on some systems but not all of them so it makes it even harder to narrow down.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12