Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VPR understanding

Thanks hrgiger yes I agree to most you said. Haha that stupid default box is annoying but maybe there's also a way to get rid of that and it's not a biggie.

I already got HardOps and BoxCutter, got it for $5 (!) when it was still in early beta. Just never had time to use it but now in 2.80 it's tempting.

FlipFluids I got also a while ago and the Alembic export / import in Cinema worked perfectly. In LW not because it doesn't support Alembic with changing points (works as obj import with ODTools I think but then you lose all the Alembic features).

As for LWCAD there are better tools available for Stairs and Rails, with proper bevels, parametric and better step placement. Fences are still great in LWCAD.
    Last edited by Marander; 08-11-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Thanks hrgiger yes I agree to most you said. Haha that stupid default box is annoying but maybe there's also a way to get rid of that and it's not a biggie.

I already got HardOps and BoxCutter, got it for $5 (!) when it was still in early beta. Just never had time to use it but now in 2.80 it's tempting.

FlipFluids I got also a while ago and the Alembic export / import in Cinema worked perfectly. In LW not because it doesn't support Alembic with changing points (works as obj import with ODTools I think but then you lose all the Alembic features).

As for LWCAD there are better tools available for Stairs and Rails, with proper bevels, parametric and better step placement. Fences are still great in LWCAD.
    you can as mentioned delete the box,, in blender 2.8 you go to file/defaults and save startup file, the next time you start blender it will not have a box in the scene from starting up.
    also..which always irritated me..go to overlays and unckeck 3d cursor.

I just tested a Lightwave gas solver simulation, then use the VDB saver to save out a frame of that sim, then in blender octane 2.8..you add a box, enter itīs object properties ..and from there you can check use vdb and locate the lightwave vdb file, also needed is to add a material to the object that is octane volume medium.

now ..that got the lightwave gas simulation in to blender, but it needs tweaking and doesnīt look as good as if you would import from blender I think...the problem is while I tried to tweak it...the render gave up on me with errors, it may be a gpu limit there..which kind of makes it useless for volumetric and vdbs..not quite sure.
    I tried to change step lenght in the material to see if that could help but nada...and same if I just save the blender scene ..it will stop to render and not even able to reload and render.

May have to check with Lino Grandi whatīs up with that, so unfortunately I havenīt had the chance to check otane volume render speed with vdbīs, nor itīs full quality.
    But great to know that any lightwave gas solver simulation should be able to work.

Once this error occours, I can not get octane to work at all..I can not close it and reboot and try to use the octane render, it just stands halting waiting for image and not rendering..I have to close both octane and the octane server, and restart both to start over again...itīs frustrating.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234