Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Media players

  1. #1
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1

    Media players

    I'd like to have the ability to display the contents of the media players as a list, not just thumbnails/icons. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winter Park
    Posts
    318
    +1, Those bins can get full even when I try to organize into multiple bins

  3. #3
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,397
    Not to cast shade on the request (which I would also like to see fulfilled), but do note that a list view worth having - even with radically reduced thumbnails - would almost certainly show less playlist items, not more.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winter Park
    Posts
    318
    Yeah I guess that would depend on the font size and what not. The way premiere pro does it with the ability to scale the size up and down is a fun idea. Oddly enough I think I recall seeing some older tricaster footage somewhere and that appeared to have the DDR in a list view.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Yeah I guess that would depend on the font size and what not. The way premiere pro does it with the ability to scale the size up and down is a fun idea. Oddly enough I think I recall seeing some older tricaster footage somewhere and that appeared to have the DDR in a list view.
    Yes, the old TriCaster standard def systems (Pro, Studio, Broadcast) has list like views for the DDRs. There was a small image frame as well, but everything was displayed in a vertical list.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

  6. #6
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,397
    Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Yeah I guess that would depend on the font size and what not.
    The main factor is the thumbnail icon. You can only go so small and have be useful.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Winter Park
    Posts
    318
    Yeah I guess in list view I wouldn't have even expected one, kind of like the sound bin all showing the speaker Icon over and over just get rid of it and use names

  8. #8
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,397
    I don't think a 'no icon' lister would be very popular, could be wrong.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    249
    I believe I have seen this request pop up at least annually...

    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Not to cast shade on the request (which I would also like to see fulfilled), but do note that a list view worth having - even with radically reduced thumbnails - would almost certainly show less playlist items, not more.
    A way around that would be to incorporate columns into the list view. I use DDR's for all of our animated fontbars (created in AE or Motion). Shows routinely have 20-50 fonts and scrolling through the chicklets is a huge hassle.

  10. #10
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,397
    Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    I believe I have seen this request pop up at least annually...
    Heck, I'm pretty sure I bring it up at least that often myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    A way around that would be to incorporate columns into the list view.
    Ultimately, if you show a reasonable amount of useful data in the details for an entry, which is what many have asked for, you're not going to squeeze more (or at least not many more) entries into the playlist area along with an icon worth having. This is not to say it's not worth doing, I'm just pointing out that it probably doesn't mean many more entries in view.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Ultimately, if you show a reasonable amount of useful data in the details for an entry, which is what many have asked for, you're not going to squeeze more (or at least not many more) entries into the playlist area along with an icon worth having. This is not to say it's not worth doing, I'm just pointing out that it probably doesn't mean many more entries in view.
    I know empirical evidence is suspect, but in my case, my columns would be name of clip and trt. This would be for both fonts and actual clips. So you could theoretically cram a LOT of clips into one viewer window using two groups of columns. Easily double.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •