Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frozen Animation

I tried the syflex demo, but it was too finicky..one thing selected in the wrong order and you had to start over. Maybe it was a limitation of the demo, but I also couldnt get it to do a simulation again. So at this time, not worth buying it.
    I already have Marvelous Designer, which is fast at simulating, the only drawback there is I have to make sure the LW object is exactly what MD is using because of the MDD.

Both LW's old clothfx and bullet also couldnt rise up to what I need. hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

yes, Marvelous Designer might be the way.  

https://www.google.no/search?&q=Marv...esigner+jitter
    Do check at the forums how to get rid of jitter perhaps.  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Yeah, its an annoying problem..luckily the cape is only needed for the first minute...lol.

Thanks for the link...ive looked and prolly just never googled the right term.. MD does do conastant evaluation and eventually one garment will find a way underneath another..or even itself, and its hard to pull a garment out of itself..lol

I've reduced it to where I only need to do the cape and skirt, and have a special bodice made just for the MD sim.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Just a quick segway to making the one of the last few assets I need.... Olaf....
    He's not very detailed, since you only see him from the back for a total of 66 frames. Rigged him so I could move and scale each part, used controller nulls parented to base nulls as constraints for pos, rot and scale so I could just move them to their start position at frame 0, then easily reset them all at once on the last frame...and then tweak the inbetweens.

The particles are pretty easy peasy..just emitters with instancing so that each one is a separate snowflake with random spin, size, etc. I may make a couple more flakes and then figure out how to randomize the instancing (if it can be done)

Here's a couple of pics...I have a quick video on my yuoutube (but thats only visible to patrons right now)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-10 21.21.58.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	146126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-10 21.21.22.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	146127
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube