Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: LW 2019.1 modeler selection problems

  1. #1

    LW 2019.1 modeler selection problems

    So far these are the two major flaws I've found in the latest upgrade when working with a decent amount of polygons.

    Contract selection deselects one random polygon at a time, not the outer ring of selected polygons.

    Invert selection gives me a beachball for 15-20 seconds before it does anything.

    If I want to work fast I have to go back to 2019.0.3. Anyone else having these problems on a MAC?

    OSX 10.13.6
    iMac Pro 128GB ram

  2. #2
    Valiant NewTeKnight Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, USA
    Posts
    13,055
    How many polys is a "decent" amount? Tried on a 282,624 poly sphere here, everything worked as expected, fast too, but I'm on Windows 10 here, so maybe only a Mac issue as you indicated, but I wanted to test anyway.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek
    __________________________________________________
    www.pixsim.co.uk : LightWave Video Tutorials & Tools


  3. #3
    I can confirm problem with lasso selection performance on Windows 10.

    Simple test 100 sides 100 segments ball = 10 000 polygons.
    LightWave 2019.1 - select instant, deselect 4sec.
    LightWave 2019.0 - select instant, deselect instant

    Heavier mesh cause Modeler hang. Tested on two pc's.

    Somehow repair itself when I hide and show again window from Smoothing Info !

    Bug and solution is repeatable.
    Last edited by MarcusM; 08-02-2019 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    How many polys is a "decent" amount? Tried on a 282,624 poly sphere here, everything worked as expected, fast too, but I'm on Windows 10 here, so maybe only a Mac issue as you indicated, but I wanted to test anyway.
    I assume it's an OSX/LW problem or I would have found someone else asking about it in the forums. I was working with 10% of the polys you describe and getting a spinning beachball. This doesn't happen in 2019.0.3 for me on the same Mac.

    Invert selection is very slow, but Contract selection is not usable for me in 2019.1

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusM View Post
    I can confirm problem with lasso selection performance on Windows 10.

    Simple test 100 sides 100 segments ball = 10 000 polygons.
    LightWave 2019.1 - select instant, deselect 4sec.
    LightWave 2019.0 - select instant, deselect instant

    Heavier mesh cause Modeler hang. Tested on two pc's.

    Somehow repair itself when I hide and show again window from Smoothing Info !

    Bug and solution is repeatable.
    It was the smoothing window being open! Nice catch. Thank you.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    1,850
    yeah issues in win 10 2019.1 too. on dense meshes and point clouds.

    i went back to 2015.3 x32 as its faster. no, really!

  7. #7
    there is no sanctuary....
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI USA
    Posts
    471
    Thing only thing I could get to take any time at all on a 32k sphere was invert connected, about a 2 sec lag. Lasso is instant, smoothing info open or not.
    Bill Carey

    I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 417.71
    LW 2019.1 x64
    Space Navigator

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    Thing only thing I could get to take any time at all on a 32k sphere was invert connected, about a 2 sec lag. Lasso is instant, smoothing info open or not.
    try a few dense point clouds from laser scanner

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •