Thread: Streaming pull down vanished after update

Streaming pull down vanished after update

I pulled out the Tricaster Mini SD4 today. It's not been update since January, and had a late 18 install. It was working fine but as I'm about to rely on it for a live stream it needed updating. . Updated it to the latest version (I believe 240419? not sat in front of it AE2 not 3 though) and when it rebooted the first time, the "Live" app failed with a Launcher?????64.dll failed to start. I reapplied the update which took a lot longer to install. After the reboot I could get into live. I say that.... but it doesn't really. It appears to hang at a black screen for ever. When you get bored and click around the menu area of the screen it refreshes into live. Meh... I found a work around. All appears fine except..... no streaming menu when you click the cog. It flashes.... but nothing. Oh, and also my PGM/PVW highlights are white.

What I've tried so far:
    Deleting "Streaming Connections" from all of my sessions.
    Creating a new session.

Sooooooooo..... before Kane says it..... I'm not restarting this from scratch. My IT dept already have the "just re-image it" mentality. It was fine before the update. The update screwed it. What did it screw?

I'm on annual leave for the next week but as this is now broken I'll have to go in and fix it (Kane; let me know if support want to remote in). I don't want to be there longer than I have to so I'd like your ideas please.

Thanks,

Anthony.

This seems to happen with updates all the time now with the PGM/PVW highlights. Try updating your nVIDIA drivers:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...-all-white-now

See if that takes care of the UI issues for you.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Do say re-image it that often?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes, I'm aware of the other thread about the Nvidia drivers.

Kane.... Sorry, yes. It does seem to be suggested more often than not.

But if theres a way to cure this one??

Turns out, it was the Nvidia driver?? Installed the GTX950Ti driver to solve the white PGM/Prev issue and it fixed this too. Also solved the hanging problem I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hunt View Post
    Turns out, it was the Nvidia driver?? Installed the GTX950Ti driver to solve the white PGM/Prev issue and it fixed this too. Also solved the hanging problem I had.
    I really feel like having the right drivers should be an install pre-requisite or some kind of warning at launch. There are so many threads of people getting burned by this. I've dealt with several friends of mine offline with the same experience too.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Something I thought I’d add whilst talking about drivers. The other thread said to install the GT550 drivers. I did and they made no difference. I read somewhere else that another Tricaster used the GT950 card? So by chance tried it.