Thread: And here we go again...Prom Nebula 2019

And here we go again...Prom Nebula 2019

It was a while ago since I was doing nebīs with hypervoxels, but I suddenly got in the mood again.
    New volumetrics, one volume item ..main texture fbm, coloring is only done by complement tweaking of the main colors in emission and scattering, so no gradient nodal setup at all for the colors. two point lights with flares.
    A bit messy perhaps, but a little interesting..may be a canditate for a nebula out there still waiting to be found

After this I was trying some stuff with the gas solver, and while I can in principle tweak colors the same way, and get a nice dust shooting nebula cloud going on, I am experiencin too many crashes on the scenes with vdb when trying to save..so a long time of setting things up ended up in scenefiles I can not save..VDB stability needs to improve, I filed a bug report with that though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prom Nebula 2019.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	145657

Very nice indeed.

Is this 2019.1, i find it to be very crashy, well for me anyway.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Very nice indeed.

Is this 2019.1, i find it to be very crashy, well for me anyway.
    2019.0.3 and not particulary craschy when working with volume items, but craschy suddenly when working with vdb and saving..at least for the gas solver scenes I recently set up, But...not craschy overall as 2019.1....which is why I resorted back to 2019.0.3, but you have experienced the 2019.1 crashes too I see.

Right now however, both the versions VDB tools are in a state that donīt let me advance in a decent speed for creating even better nebulaes, not if it crashes everytime.

This is really cool!
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Extremely nice work... but of course you already knew that!
    Mac Pro Dual Quad Core, 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA QuadroFX 2000 2GB Ram, 2 TB HardDrive LW 2019

I Wished My Brain Came With A Manual... I could look up everything I've learned sorted by topic...

Cool! Makes me think of some kind of Invasion of the Body Snatchers virus floating in the water, waiting to turn an unsuspecting victim into a pod person. Or the storm clouds from the Never Ending Story. It looks very natural, like a practical effect in a water tank.

Very cool indeed!

Beautiful!
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Prometheus, my crashes are mostly in the VDB/VPR area, but its hard to actually pin down whats doing it exactly, sometimes crashes, sometimes not. I do have one repeatable crash in modeler but i think they are aware of this. Load a model in modeler with more than one layer. Open layers panel, whilst one F/G layer is selected try and select another F/G layer with shift then left click. That seems to crash for me everytime.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

layers can be selected/deselected now by just clicking on them that's why, no modifier needed, yes you can still do it old school but you might get a crash, for me I don't get one unless I try to drag to reorder the layers and only then if I do it by selecting the layer tick box, if I do it by selecting the layer name things are ok

Indeed Gerry i was watching the video on this feature. However it should still not crash like that because i pressed the wrong button.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Crashed my minde.... You are AWSOME!
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
    Douglas Adams