Thread: Tricaster AE3 Missing Options in the new user interface

Newbie Member

Tricaster AE3 Missing Options in the new user interface

Hi, after upgrading to TC AE3 i loose a lot of important options, as i have the TC8000 and 460, and these options are related to the user interface as below:

- we can't see on the multi-view monitor the DDR- Clip Time reaming (only a red bar no time-code as AE2 or before), unless you have always DDR Tab opened.
    - we can't see the transition time unless we open the transition settings wheel.
    - we can't capture H.264 only in streaming section, and because we now get two streaming channels they still streaming together not independent, so we can't stop H.264 recording unless we stopped streaming and vice versa.
    - on CS450 Panel now it's hard to run the Comps numbers cause it's too hard to press the Macro key (which is now Comp key) + the Key numbers in the Key Row section to run the comb number.
    - if there's any software or key mapping that can we use the control surfaces as old in AE2. (our Macros lists are full for our show)

Hoping all the above will come back and improved.

I'll add a few rmearks below, to try to help:

Quote Originally Posted by belbiesi View Post
    - we can't see on the multi-view monitor the DDR- Clip Time reaming (only a red bar no time-code as AE2 or before), unless you have always DDR Tab opened.
    -
    In the next major revision, both warning colors and timer are shown in the viewport label whenever there is sufficient room to do so.

- we can't see the transition time unless we open the transition settings wheel.
    Not sure which 'wheel' you have in mind, but it's true that compressing the Switcher vertically (to maximize the monitor space above and de-clutter) meant that transition durations are no longer shown full-time. Some users have indicated to us that they really don't need to see this full-time, but would at least like to see it on moving the mouse to the transition, without having to open and close anything. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this alternative.

- we can't capture H.264 only in streaming section, and because we now get two streaming channels they still streaming together not independent, so we can't stop H.264 recording unless we stopped streaming and vice versa.
    I do not think this will change, sorry. On the plus side, the H.264 capture quality is much better, now, and does not tax the hardware nearly as much as it did before. If you really need more, you may want to look into downstream external solutions.

- on CS450 Panel now it's hard to run the Comps numbers cause it's too hard to press the Macro key (which is now Comp key) + the Key numbers in the Key Row section to run the comb number.
    I'm sorry, I'm not entirely following this one.

In 5-1 (AE2), you held down CTRL and pressed a button in the key row to recall a Comp. (You could also use SHIFT + CTRL to store or update a Comp.) In 7-0 (AE3), on a 450 CS, you would hold down the button labeled "Zoom 1" (which is "COMP" on the newer though similar TC1 SP control surface). There's no need to bother with CTRL + SHIFT, since it works as follows (from the manual):

When the COMP button is held down, the buttons in the Switcher or M/E rows at left correspond to the same numbered COMPs for the delegated bus.
    • Pressing a button in the DSK/KEY row recalls the corresponding COMP.
    • Pressing a button in the PGM/A row stores or updates the corresponding COMP.
    • Pressing a button in the PREV/B row clears the corresponding COMP.

So, I'm confused. You wrote "the Macro key (which is now Comp key)", but that is incorrect. And it does not seem any harder to press the new COMP button than to reach still further for the CTRL button.

if there's any software or key mapping that can we use the control surfaces as old in AE2. (our Macros lists are full for our show)
    You can remap the Switcher row buttons using the Control Surface Add-On applet, but that's all. I'm not clear where the problem is with Macros. Once upon a time the MACRO button on the 450 CS was named ALT. Somewhere along the way it changed to MACRO. On the TC1 SP, ALT has been restored, and MACRO has a new location - and the older 450 CS inherits this mapping when running under 7-0. But it really doesn't seem any harder to press the new Macro button than the old one?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")