Thread: Examples of "extreme" Morph Usage On Characters

Examples of "extreme" Morph Usage On Characters

What are some of the lengths Lightwave users go to make things happen using morphs?

I had an idea to try and make an entire body morph that would be a complete outfit change for an already animated character without having to re-do all of my animation or without having to learn how to export the FBX motion and re-target the animation to another version of my character etc.

Just create the clothing morph in ZBrush by manipulating the existing polys (of course as long as I don't change the poly count), then apply the morph like any other during the animation in Layout and just create new UVs and materials for what would now be the outfit.

Is this extreme or do artists use morphs like that?

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegraymusic View Post
    I had an idea to try and make an entire body morph that would be a complete outfit change for an already animated character without having to re-do all of my animation or without having to learn how to export the FBX motion and re-target the animation to another version of my character etc.
    For this you use MDD baker (exporter), and MDD reader (importer)...

You can do it for either scene or selected object(s) using my Bake Scene plugin:
    http://www2.trueart.pl/?URIType=Dire...-Ins/BakeScene
    in a very few clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    For this you use MDD baker (exporter), and MDD reader (importer)...

You can do it for either scene or selected object(s) using my Bake Scene plugin:
    http://www2.trueart.pl/?URIType=Dire...-Ins/BakeScene
    in a very few clicks.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sorry....I don't understand. How would baking the scene to MDD help?
    Once the scene is baked how do I make my character wear a new outfit?