Thread: Very Different Licensing Issue

Very Different Licensing Issue

Good Morning (or evening or afternoon, dependent on where you may be in the world!)

I just installed Lightwave 2018.0.7 on a new system that has had no previous install of Lightwave.

I used the configure unset / configure set method to clear the firewall and license Lightwave. All of the executables were cleared, with no failure to set rule and I re-opened Modeler and it opened in standard (licensed) mode.

Here is the weird part.

If I open either program (Modeler or Layout) by itself, it opens and everything is fine.

If I then try to open the unopened program (for example, send something to Layout or simply open Layout when Modeler is already open), the program opens in Discovery mode.

So then I drop the LICENSE.WK on the offending program again.

It still fails to open in licensed mode; but if I close the other program, and then open the one that wouldn't license, it opens just fine.

I noticed when I checked my LICENSE.WK in the user folder, it shows that it was modified today; but Lightwave was installed on the 18th.

Also, when I compare my LICENSE.WK file to the one in the c:\Users\<username>\.NewTek\LightWave\2018.0.1\lic enses\ folder, the one in the licenses folder has repeated entries of the licensing information (the information is correct, though), as though each time I tried to license the program (Modeler or Layout) that opened in Discovery mode, it wrote a new addition to the license key file.

I've only used a single license in this whole process.

I submitted a bug report, but thought I would see if anyone else had run into this specific issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Have you tried doing configure unset and configure set every time the licensing issue occurs? I currently have LightWave installed on 3 of my computers, and it has always behaved well on my desktop and my tablet computers. It has never behaved on my main laptop. Every single time I want to launch Modeler or Layout I have to do configure unset and configure set and I have to be quick about launching the programs immediately afterwards. I'm grateful that the configure unset/set method exists because I had pretty much given up on ever using Lightwave on my main laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeJoex View Post
    Have you tried doing configure unset and configure set every time the licensing issue occurs? I currently have LightWave installed on 3 of my computers, and it has always behaved well on my desktop and my tablet computers. It has never behaved on my main laptop. Every single time I want to launch Modeler or Layout I have to do configure unset and configure set and I have to be quick about launching the programs immediately afterwards. I'm grateful that the configure unset/set method exists because I had pretty much given up on ever using Lightwave on my main laptop.
    Yes indeed, did that first thing after installation. Spoke to support and they are pretty certain it is a third-party firewall issue; my work has some redundant firewalls that might be blocking it.

maybe the hub is being blocked from seeing the lic files where as the individual programs are not, hard to tell without knowing exactly if there are multiple or just single ways the file can be read, I would guess its multiple ways as there are multiple ways to run the apps
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0