Thread: Exporting Uv map Eps alternatives, or free software to deal with eps?

Exporting Uv map Eps alternatives, or free software to deal with eps?

Well..Uv imaginator doesnīt work in 64 bit and thus not for lightwave 2019.

And eps, well I do not use photoshop anymore, trying to get by with Krita or Gimp, krita doesnīt import eps, and I just installed a new release of Gimp 2.10.2 that was said to be able to import eps without that Ghostscript hack, but
    I got the ps.exe error still.

I rather not mess with that ghostscript.

Is there another free software that can handle the import of eps, and export to a bitmap image of desired resolution...or should I just fire up LW 2015 32 bit and use that still?

inkscape?

i think dstorms uvedit has a uv export.

or 2015z. a number of x32 plugins are invaluable.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    or should I just fire up LW 2015 32 bit and use that still?
    You can't run 32 bit Modeler when you saved 64 bit LWO object inside of LW 2019 in native format of the app..
    There is no 32 bit LW 2019. LW 2019 LWO file format is incompatible with older file formats..
    You would have to export LWO in older format from LW 2019, not even use save tool..

If you would not press on free, I could simply say TrueArt's Modeling Pack VMapManager which is able to save UV from object.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-25-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    You can't run 32 bit Modeler when you saved 64 bit LWO object inside of LW 2019 in native format of the app..
    There is no 32 bit LW 2019. LW 2019 LWO file format is incompatible with older file formats..
    You would have to export LWO in older format from LW 2019, not even use save tool..

If you would not press on free, I could simply say TrueArt's Modeling Pack VMapManager which is able to save UV from object.
    I know that..I never ment to model in 2019 in the first place..only second place if I would have a tool like Uv imaginator to export the uīvs to a desired scale.
    I press on free as long as I can til no other alternative forces me to do otherwise, and the workaround to model in 2015 isnīt that bad compared to spending money when I do not have to, another situation may rise when
    the newer lwo format and editing in there may be needed..or modeling tools becomes so much better than in 2015.

But I thank you for directing me to your plugin..I definitely will have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    Yes..but why not just export to lwo 2015 format or even older, it can be done with the export options? what does this bring to the table that the export options doesnt?

And no..Inkscape only imports AI format,(if not the latest release adressed that) not eps..it does export eps however, so one alternative would be for the lw team to introduce AI export for the UV map.
    Svg format which is inkscape native..there is a splotchdog plugin, but that was using layout and not uv maps.

TA's Modeling Pack VMapManager is the easiest way to do this. The most free method, without extra software, would be to print screen the UV Texture view in LW and then paste that in your bitmap editor/painter. Once there, you can scale the screenshot to your target resolution.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    TA's Modeling Pack VMapManager is the easiest way to do this. The most free method, without extra software, would be to print screen the UV Texture view in LW and then paste that in your bitmap editor/painter. Once there, you can scale the screenshot to your target resolution.
    I am not comfortable with print screen, in some cases itīs gonna be a too small image..that will scale up nicely.

Will have a loock at TAīs modelling pack as well.

If only Gimp would do what it said it should do..arg, installed it just because of the statements that it now should import EPS files without errors and without the ghostscript.
    Inkscape with ghostscript would also handle it..but not standalone inkscape.

Quote Originally Posted by tischbein3 View Post
    ... for bitmaps there is also this one:
    http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?...=32&Itemid=161
    yep...I knew there was one out there since UV imaginator was only 32 bit, and I know I have seen it before ..at splotchdog, but just forgot it..thanks, may be all I need.

Thanks works like a charm up to 8162 resolution.
    Case closed I think.
    Newtek should buy this and implement natively..If that is an option...Itīs actually easier to use than exporting the eps, advantages of eps may be the vector format to use unjagged when you perhaps would like to have the uv map vectors to acutally work as texture itself, bump etc.