Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Rutger Hauer, Dies at 75

  1. #16
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    14,973
    Some favourites, the intro with the car scene is of course a classic, but this scene as well in the hitcher is fantastic, what great small mimics he putīs up here..just look at his small expressions in the face....some trembling in the eyebrows and that patronizing stare at Thomas C howell...which by the way does an amazing job as well..what a chemistry in this movie.



  2. #17

    Good scene, must say.

    Guess i should watch this one.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  3. #18
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    14,973
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Good scene, must say.

    Guess i should watch this one.
    Woooaa? and you havenīt seen the hitcher?

  4. #19
    Registered User gdkeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    144
    IMHO, his monologue in Blade Runner is perhaps the most perfect scene in cinematic history. So sorry to hear of his passing. He was a phenomenal talent.

    Blade Runner was truly a work of art. There's a scene when Deckard goes to the Tyrell Corp for the first time and he enters the main office. It's a visually stunning scene. If you'll notice in that scene, there's shimmering gold light on the walls. When they were first setting up that scene, Ridley said he wanted shimmering gold light on the walls and the lighting supervisor asked where is the light coming from. And Ridley said just do it. It was his art work. There's many scenes like that in BR, lights coming from unknown sources.

  5. #20
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    14,973
    Quote Originally Posted by gdkeast View Post
    IMHO, his monologue in Blade Runner is perhaps the most perfect scene in cinematic history. So sorry to hear of his passing. He was a phenomenal talent.

    Blade Runner was truly a work of art. There's a scene when Deckard goes to the Tyrell Corp for the first time and he enters the main office. It's a visually stunning scene. If you'll notice in that scene, there's shimmering gold light on the walls. When they were first setting up that scene, Ridley said he wanted shimmering gold light on the walls and the lighting supervisor asked where is the light coming from. And Ridley said just do it. It was his art work. There's many scenes like that in BR, lights coming from unknown sources.
    When it comes to cinema art, all puzzle chards need to come together with the highest quality and also fit in to eachother seemles and in symbios, a few movies that does that, Blade runner has most of it, great acting for their respective roles, and brilliant acting from Rutger, then you got the amazing music of Vangelis that fitīs perfect, fantastic set design by Syd Mead, the vision and direction of ridley scott of cours, a very interesting story about us humans and what it mean to be human.

    The lighting is indeed great..I also wondered over that nice shimmering Light, would like to have it in my room, I would have guessed it is some caustic water reflections they projected..not sure exactly how, but I think there must be an exact description on how they worked on it.

    Itīs a delicate blend of a futuristic stage, mixed with damp and dirty and a style of old 50?s clothing and settings, which makes it unique..itīs not just as in oblivion, minority report etc.. full of hightech slim stuff.

    Glad to see Rutger saying in interviews how extraordinary and unique he felt his career has been, and how the love for his performances has been alive all the time..it just canīt get any better he has said several times, so he has felt the
    respect and love from the audience to itīs fullest extent I think, One can probably die with that.
    Itīs a bit of a mystery to what illness he had, it was a short one they said..and perhaps one should be glad for that and not any longer pain.

    Iīll bet that Rutgers monologue will be the last clip to end the tribute to the passed away actors in the oscars next time.

    http://floobynooby.blogspot.com/2011...de-runner.html

  6. #21

    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Woooaa? and you havenīt seen the hitcher?
    Think i'll see it tonight.   Just need s̶o̶m̶e̶ lots of coffee.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  7. #22


    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  8. #23
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    14,973
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post


    Think i'll see it tonight.   Just need s̶o̶m̶e̶ lots of coffee.
    should be watched in a movie theatre the first time..but
    a large enough tv screen should do it..and high volume is needed.

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    147
    RIP Rutger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •