Thread: Free DDS texture converter

Free DDS texture converter

Sometimes some ready made game asset figures, like some models from open3d.com, has dds formats for the textures, that is not a format Lightwave reads so here is a free converter, originally I think Lightwave ask for tga files, but this converter doesnīt have it..but you can convert to png, or tiff or jpg...should you need tga there are other converters for that.

just load all dds files in a certain folder and hit convert.

http://www.ddsconverter.com/

Not sure where I got it but PB_DDS-win will recognize dds files directly so no conversion needed. Quite helpful as most of the Video CoPilot packs for Element 3D use DDS. If you can't find it, I can attach next reply.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Not sure where I got it but PB_DDS-win will recognize dds files directly so no conversion needed. Quite helpful as most of the Video CoPilot packs for Element 3D use DDS. If you can't find it, I can attach next reply.
    Havenīt got time to search, donīt know where to put it..if you can post and describe where to put it, Iīll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Havenīt got time to search, donīt know where to put it..if you can post and describe where to put it, Iīll be happy.
    Here ya go. Notes are in the zip.

PB_DDS-win.zip
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    from here:

http://www.blytools.com/index.html

Don't let the older supported LW versions listed on the site scare you. I've only listed versions that I've tested with or I've gotten feedback so I know they work, but they likely work on newer versions too.