15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

i laughed for about 5 mins when i read "Kindly fix it".
    i am interested to know what issues you are having with it. the only thing that happens to me is when i switch between layout > modeler > layout too fast, it sometimes closes modeler(with no error message).
    Windows 10 , i7 Quad Core 3.5Ghz , GTX 970 4Gig graphics , 16 Gig RAM.

Here's a thought - eliminate it. Combine the two apps or come up with a better solution of the two talking to one another.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Here's a thought - eliminate it. Combine the two apps or come up with a better solution of the two talking to one another.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by stevmjon View Post
    i laughed for about 5 mins when i read "Kindly fix it".
    i am interested to know what issues you are having with it. the only thing that happens to me is when i switch between layout > modeler > layout too fast, it sometimes closes modeler(with no error message).
    Demonstrate the issue for your self. Have a moderately populated scene, not just an item or two. Select an item & send it to Modeler. Edit it & Save then try to "Sync" with Layout. Exit & return to Layout. You'll find that the object hasn't changed. Usually at this stage you have to do a Replace Object, but even that doesn't always do it until you actually reload the scene.

The only way I'm actually using the HUB these days is to send the object to Modeler, then close & exit. Exit Layout & then when I start Modeler, the item is in the most recent list. Real efficient.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Well, if i start modeler up without having previously started layout the hub sometimes does not start but if it does the button in modeler to switch to layout is greyed out and if i try and press it,it says modeler is not connected to the hub. Sometimes if i start layout first and then modeler it works, sometimes it does not.

I have heard also people have lost data between the two or that there live update also does not work all of the time. I've not experienced this because i can't even get it to work most times.

The hub has been an issue for years, yes we all know the workarounds, -0, run as administrator, install outside of program files but after all this time we should not have to do this. LightWave has a bridge to Goz and unreal but can't even manage to bridge reliably between its own core apps. Why should we compromise our computer security to get it to work.

I have loads of other software, some that have to communicate with other apps that work fine and never have this issue.

As i said enough playing around and fix the damn thing if LW is to remain two separate apps.

Here is a capture this morning of modeler starting without first starting layout. This is completely unacceptable.

I agree with Tim, if you cant make it work then unify the two apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW Hub.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	802.7 KB 
ID:	145624  
    Last edited by JohnMarchant; 07-27-2019 at 02:43 AM.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop