Thread: Millennuim Falcon _ 3D model the Movie Prop Replica

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Millennuim Falcon _ 3D model the Movie Prop Replica

hello

i spent 2 years collecting the millennium falcon movie prop replica, in weekly installments. the scale is length 80cm (32inch) , width 60cm (23inch) , height 19cm (7inch).
    one pic is me happy about finally getting all the issues, and setting them out in the lounge.

what i decided to do for fun (i hope), is to model all the pieces in 3D. this will take time, as there are soooo many pieces.... thought i will share this journey with you.
    the other pics are of the cockpit interior.

the advantage i have is i can hold and measure the pieces, using a digital caliper, and also using my printer with the scanner/photocopier built in so i can scan them, then trace them in modeler.
    * the 3D model i am making is as accurate as i can, to the prop model (not the life size set models). so the interior details don't have individual coloured lights etc, but it does have a good amount of detail.

i will post more whenever i make sets, and i need you to keep me motivated if i don't post in a while. it's a big project, but i want to see this through **looks to heaven with hope**.
    so far i am enjoying this project, and i am also thinking of making an animation of the parts assembling together in the correct build guide order.
    also, i am very happy to share this model with the community.

enjoy stevmjon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Millenium Falcon_sets_Cockpit_01.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	458.0 KB 
ID:	145529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Millenium Falcon_sets_Cockpit 2_01.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	584.1 KB 
ID:	145530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180208_130500.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	145531  
    Windows 10 , i7 Quad Core 3.5Ghz , GTX 970 4Gig graphics , 16 Gig RAM.