Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millennuim Falcon _ 3D model the Movie Prop Replica

thanks for your kind words. it keeps me motivated.

the interior is pretty clean on the physical model, just some noise in the main room seats, and the grooves in the floor.
    the exterior is also fairly clean so far (opened 40 issues so far). on the hull there are some dints and damage marks, but i haven't put them all in yet. only the pilot outer hull i have added damage (see 2nd pic in post #3).
    i need to add damage to the turret hull at the top too.

i think that a lot of scorch marks etc need to be added manually to the physical model. so i do need to add more noise to the 3D model surfaces.
    i remember seeing a lightwave video where you can paint on the polygons directly. i will try and find it again. this will come in handy for this 3D model.
    Windows 10 , i7 Quad Core 3.5Ghz , GTX 970 4Gig graphics , 16 Gig RAM.

So a lot of painting do be done on the physical model then.

Look forward to seeing how your 3d model progresses and of course interesting to see what changes if any they made to make the interior fit the exterior as the real models at the time did not match.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    So a lot of painting do be done on the physical model then.

Look forward to seeing how your 3d model progresses and of course interesting to see what changes if any they made to make the interior fit the exterior as the real models at the time did not match.
    the interior should match up with the exterior. this is mentioned with some of the magazine issues i got with the physical model.
    if you take a look at image 3 & 4 in post #13 , look at the straight passage on the left side where it connects with the curved corridor, there is a small ramp there. this ramp is added in this physical model, which isn't in the life size movie set models (it is a flat connection there). this ramp is more visible in pic 4.

it is interesting to see these details. keep me posted when you see others too. i am learning more about the millennium falcon as i progress, and read the short magazines that come with each issue.
    Windows 10 , i7 Quad Core 3.5Ghz , GTX 970 4Gig graphics , 16 Gig RAM.

Oh i agree on your model it should match i was interested in the changes made to accommodate the two, so it was a small ramp made for it, seems logical. The two links i originally sent are about the most detailed ive seen on the actually model and differences between them all. Most 3d models ive seen tend to be a combination of the EBS 32 Inch, 5 Foot and physical set. Landing lights and underneath details seem to be where most changes were made, but also some of the greebling.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12