Thread: Triggering animated Buffers

Triggering animated Buffers

Hi can you help.
    I create an animated (ping pong) buffer animation from PNGs and import into "this machine" the tricaster. (using Newtek animation creation Prog)
    I then load the animation into buffer 1 player in tricaster.
    The annimation does not start automatically. Whats the trigger for start? Other animations (Newtek) seem to start straight away.
    I click and change the duration and other random actions then it will start and works as expected.
    Its 300 frames at 25 frames/sec 1920 x 1080
    Im I missing somthing?
    AE3 860
    Tricaster 860 AE3
    Cameras EX1s and EX3's
    Old Toaster VT5

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox161255 View Post
    Hi can you help.
    I create an animated (ping pong) buffer animation from PNGs and import into "this machine" the tricaster. (using Newtek animation creation Prog)
    I then load the animation into buffer 1 player in tricaster.
    The annimation does not start automatically. Whats the trigger for start? Other animations (Newtek) seem to start straight away.
    I click and change the duration and other random actions then it will start and works as expected.
    Its 300 frames at 25 frames/sec 1920 x 1080
    Im I missing somthing?
    AE3 860
    I am also looking for similar answers. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Shane

Ping pong or loop animation do not require any start, they will play automatically once loaded. Note, you won't see them animate in the buffer slot, but if you look at the buffer in the multiview or put it on output you will see it animating.

Buffers configured for the single play mode will play/stop, in this case it will play when brought live to program and reset when removed from program.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.