Thread: TC1 and BMD GPI/Tally Interface

Exclamation TC1 and BMD GPI/Tally Interface

According to the TC1 Tally Specs it can interface with the Blackmagic Design GPI/Tally box....does it do it via Network?

Has anyone tried using this set up? Do I need any software?

We want to use the GPIO connectors on the BMD GPI/Tally interface to connect with a Panasonic RP-120 Robo Controller's GPI to get Tally on Panasonic HE-120 Robo Cameras.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny13 View Post
    According to the TC1 Tally Specs it can interface with the Blackmagic Design GPI/Tally box....does it do it via Network?
    I don't actually recall this. Can you point to a specific location so I can see the reference?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Benny13 View Post
    I see. I believe this is referring to tally over SDI using the relevant BMD protocol. I'm not sure that's helpful in your scenario?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Copy that. I understand now. Thank you for your help SBowie.

You can do that with the Eth-GPI device from Skaarhoj. It can work with actions from the tricaster and send GPIO to the RP120.

Technical Account Manager - Channel Support
    We recommend you use this logic converter https://henryeng.com/logiconverter/ to convert the voltage output from our Tally/GPI output to contact closure.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    We recommend you use this logic converter https://henryeng.com/logiconverter/ to convert the voltage output from our Tally/GPI output to contact closure.
    Mmmm.... fixed assignment, very poor number of tally outputs... and I still wonder why wou did not move to contact closure as everyone else. No a very good advice in my opinion.

Go with the skaarhoj box, you can manage up to 16 outputs, assign to other things than tally if you want ( rec or stream status, why not) and even use the box as an IP bridge to other devices, for them to be controlled from tricaster or the other way if you want to.

We are all entitled to our opinions, I recommend the Henry Engineering Logic Converter because I have personally seen it work well and it is simple to set up. It's also less than half the cost of the Skaarhoj box. Additionally, Henry Engineering is in Long Beach so the OP might be able to go pick one up locally.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Not to suggest Skaarhoj doesn't make some excellent solutions ... we were just talking about this yesterday; they really do some excellent work.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Not to suggest Skaarhoj doesn't make some excellent solutions ... we were just talking about this yesterday; they really do some excellent work.
    I definitely agree with that!
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call