Thread: Duplicate session with different resolution

Duplicate session with different resolution

Is there some way to duplicate a session with all of its settings, but change the base resolution at the same time. I know you can't change resolution if you use the original as a template. I have a 1080i session with some really complicated audio routing and naming using Dante, but the resolution is not working for the client. He wants to use the raw recorded files without having to export them and convert them. The 720P files work for him, but I don't want to have to try to duplicate all of the settings. I was thinking of editing the extracted backup files, but I'm not sure if I could zip them again properly. Anybody have any ideas?

Newtek ELITE partner
    Hi ,
    I'M also like to see how it could be done, maybe modifying the xml file ?
    If your client needs a 720p output you can make it (depending on which tricaster you have) using the mix downscaled output, going from 1080i to 720p in the output settings . Hope it helps.
    TriCaster TC-1
    TC1 LP
    NC1 I/O
    Spark HDMI / SDI
    Spark Pro
    HE130 Panasonic
    PTZ1 Newtek
    Livestream Studio Station (8i/10o)
    Xkeys
    BMD atems

I am using a Mini and I am currently having him record 720p on Mix 2, but it still seems like a workaround. I would like to change the base resolution. I tried editing the backup files and re- zipping them. I can see the edited file to restore, but it doesn’t show up in the list after the restore. Where is the active XML file?

In Audio Mixer panel, put mouse to far lower left and you will see a pop up of like 9 boxes. Click the Camera Icon in #1 to snapshot ALL audio settings to that preset, then right-click in #1 box and EXPORT - this will SAVE a copy of all settings in audio mixer panel. In any other session, right-click a preset in audio mixer and IMPORT the settings file you had just saved, and then click that same preset to apply those settings. Was just doing this yesterday with customer - I set up some very complicated audio stuff for them, after which they informed me that they needed those settings applied to a second session that they had already created. EASY!!

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Newtek ELITE partner
    Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    In Audio Mixer panel, put mouse to far lower left and you will see a pop up of like 9 boxes. Click the Camera Icon in #1 to snapshot ALL audio settings to that preset, then right-click in #1 box and EXPORT - this will SAVE a copy of all settings in audio mixer panel. In any other session, right-click a preset in audio mixer and IMPORT the settings file you had just saved, and then click that same preset to apply those settings. Was just doing this yesterday with customer - I set up some very complicated audio stuff for them, after which they informed me that they needed those settings applied to a second session that they had already created. EASY!!

Thanks
    Nice tip Jeff thanks !
    TriCaster TC-1
    TC1 LP
    NC1 I/O
    Spark HDMI / SDI
    Spark Pro
    HE130 Panasonic
    PTZ1 Newtek
    Livestream Studio Station (8i/10o)
    Xkeys
    BMD atems