Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting Up New NDIHX-PTZ1 System - Issues...

Setting Up New NDIHX-PTZ1 System - Issues...

Hello All,
    We just received three new PTZ1 Cameras for our Tricaster Mini. I've downloaded the drivers and the NDI Tool Suite. On the bench, I've got a camera connected directly to the Tricaster, and am trying to establish a connection using Studio Monitor. The firewall is off, network discovery is on, and the network is private (Thanks, Jeff!). No camera appears in the Studio Monitor hamburger, and in Windows the network appears as "unidentified". The Windows Diagnostic Tool indicates "Local Area Connection doesn't have valid IP Config." Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks...
    Last edited by fhsav; 07-16-2019 at 09:23 AM.

The TriCaster - or any computer - by default is looking for an automatic network connection (via DHCP). When connecting "directly" to PTZ1 cameras not connected to internet/larger network, you must MANUALLY configure the IP address of TriCaster so it can communicate with the cameras and possibly other computers on your private network.

The default address of the PTZ1 is 192.168.100.168 so in the TriCaster I might use 192.168.100.101 for instance then anything else on the network with a 192.168.100.xxx address ought to show up

Since you have multiple PTZ1 cameras, they can't all have the same IP address. You could try connecting one at a time to your "network" and then via browser interface, try to MANUALLY SET the IP for each camera (changing last number). Or, connect camera direct to HDMI display and use remote control to enable On Screen Display (OSD) of MENU and in NETWORK settings you can manually configure IP address.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Easiest just to stick a router into the mix so you get a DHCP server, imho ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks, Jeff - great explanation. I have a gigabit switch ready to go for when I install the complete system in our auditorium. I did not include it in my setup rig on the bench - would that have prevented this issue if I had included it? At any rate, I'll look into the static setup first thing in the morning. I appreciate your time, once again...

Steve - Yeah, I get that now... The irony is that I wanted to simplify matters by NOT including one... lesson learned. Thanks!
    Last edited by fhsav; 07-16-2019 at 12:17 PM.

The switch will not have a DHCP server, which automatically allocates IP addresses to detected devices. In that scenario, you'll have to configure addresses manually. Note that if you attempt to connect this to a larger network in the facility which does use a DHCP server, you can sometimes run into conflicts with static IPs.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yeah, I get that now - the irony is that I didn't include a router in order to simplify my setup... lesson learned. Thanks!

Thanks Jeff and Steve - I plan to run the system "isolated" from the main network. So, static IPs it is!

Quote Originally Posted by fhsav View Post
    Thanks Jeff and Steve - I plan to run the system "isolated" from the main network. So, static IPs it is!
    I've found this to work really foolproof, once set up and configured, it just always works. Like hard-wiring the cameras with baseband almost.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

And Steve, good tip on the router - I know just enough about networking to be dangerous and didn't know you could connect a router in a "private" network to get DHCP, thought the router was used when internet was connected. Good to know, thanks!

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

fhsav,

How are you powering cameras? Just curious, since they will accept POE+ and that makes things really easy not needing to get AC to each camera. Some switches can do this, I just use a power injector from Amazon suggested by Kane and that is working great for me, model TRENDnet TPE-115GI

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

I'm using a Ubiquiti Unifi 8-Port with POE+. Works great right out of the box. BTW, the cameras are working great with the static IPs. One little issue is that I can't seem to bring up the web-based control screen in Studio Monitor. I'm using Explorer as a browser, but I just get a black screen. I know the "Hamburger" in the upper left is supposed to have an option for "Device Webpage", but that does not appear. I have not received my Advanced software yet, but I'll assume I can control the cameras settings from the Tricaster eventually. Cheers...

Maybe I'm confused, but I thought that the device page in Studio Monitor was accessed via a gear that pops up when mouse is placed at lower right of screen. Maybe upper right. Newtek does keep changing things at such a breakneck pace these last few years that my old brain can't keep it all straight.

So you're saying that simply typing the IP address of any camera into browser address bar does not bring up camera page? Login and Password defaults are admin/admin for our other readers.

One does not need AE to control cameras, built into all TriCaster software. Make sure that the NDI|HX driver is installed on TriCaster.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

You are correct, the device page is accessed via the gear in the lower right. However, you need to first activate this option via the Settings menu, letting you to open the Device Webpage in a web browser. (Page 5 of the camera manual). All I get when I login to the camera is a black webpage... Not a big deal yet. Cheers.

"you need to first activate this option via the Settings menu"

Must be a newer addition to Studio Monitor, did not used to be the case.

What Firmware is installed on cameras, might need to download and update them.

Have never had any issue accessing camera web page before, that is strange. But you get the video signal via NDI just fine? And again, did you try using camera IP address direct in browser, not using Studio Monitor? That should also just work.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast