Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3DŪ 2019.1 is Available Now

I just discovered...I havenīt actually worked with IK Booster in 2019, but in my current installed 2019.03 version, Undo of ikBooster changes was broken..just noticed today when working on a figure and then went to the Lightwave 2019.1 change log, it says it should have been fixed..so alright then, I will install that version today and see what gives.

Ikbooster undo works again. I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Ikbooster undo works again. I tried it.
    Yup..just installed it and the undo in Ik Booster is ok again.

It also solved an annoying issue I had with the upper right icon controls for paning, orbit and zooming, in 2019.01 I experienced a lot of halting when rotating to a certain degree or zooming or paning to some extent, it just stopped working and I had to pick it up again and zoom only to stop at a certain level yet another time.
    That is now longer an issue and it works smoothly again.

Weird, I didnīt notice any direct issues with particles and vdb gas solver as mentioned in the change log for 2019.1 but after installing 2019.1 my older 2019.03 scenfiles with simple particle velocity plugged to force grid in the gas solver ..it doesnīt work, I can not get the gas solver to recognize the velocity from particles, se image...these scenefiles worked with 2019.03

The changelog says this..
    "LWB-5291 OVDB mesh particles not passing on velocity. Add motion velocity to particle velocity. Fix major bug in staggered grid generation causing advection to go sideways.
    LWB-5291 OVDB mesh particles not passing on velocity. couple fixes after testing."

But for me it is the other way around..they do not work now
    it was enough to plug a separate particle system in to the force grid of the gas solver, but using the mesch for the fluid density grid, so I wasnīt using a particle system on the mesh I use for mesh to volume.

So in my case..no particle velocity passed on to VDB, or it has changed completely how you can use it the way I set it up previously.
    And the cache was cleared and also not used for the test, the smoke raising straight up taking on only what is set in the gas solver, not using the particle velocity and force grid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No particle velocity passed on to VDB.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	145551

I don't understand how to use the new Navigation options. I don't have a 3D mouse. But with my gaming mouse one of the extra two buttons can a motion from the Styles if I choose that option.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2Strokes View Post
    I don't understand how to use the new Navigation options. I don't have a 3D mouse. But with my gaming mouse one of the extra two buttons can a motion from the Styles if I choose that option.
    The navigation for other devices has to be enabled using 'x' on the keyboard. Then you pretty much get 'game-engine' type navigation using mouse and keyboard.
    I'm sure it can do other things too, but as a start it's pretty neat.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

I use it to set up the camera. By default, it is set to manipulate the View and being in Camera View, moving the view means moving the camera. Using Shift and Ctrl speeds up and slows down the movement and it feels far more fluid than using the mouse wheel to switch between movement and rotation. The only blip is that it's "always on" so I find myself switching in and out rapidly. I should set up the mousewheel to do the timeline to make things even faster...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

needs user specified standard navigation, so alt+lmb, rmb and mmb can be set, for industry standards can be set/used

I found a small but very useful improvement in the Modeler - the inclusion of the symmetry option occurs without delay, as it was before. Great!

I have noticed that the navigation doesnt work very well if you are in tablet mode. Rotation is locked to 90 degrees left and right which is kind of useless. I have reported this as a bug (or maybe a feature request) but maybe there is some device setting that can make it right? Anyone know?

copy the way modo does it; nav with widgets, tablet, mouse & keyboard shortcut choices all work perfectly. not a dig, just a great example.

need to request this to get some traction.

In my post 79, for me the new release broke my scenefiles from 2019.0.3 with particle velocity driving the force to push a Mesh to volume objects fluids..check the image, I had to revert and install 2019.03 again and check how it all was working, and
    yes..those files are working in 2019.03 but not in 2019.1 which was said to fix some issues with velocity and particles..so what did the dev team do?

I am posting the working scenefile here, check if it works on your 2019.1 ...if it doesnīt they must have changed something completely so it can not work, or itīs a bug.

And unfortunately..this new 2019.01 release has the last days showed to be the most proned to crash version Ever that I have had,..since lightwave 10..and itīs unworkable unfortunately, and itīs very hard to se where the crash is happening and try to gather proper information about it.

2019.1 solved two issues for me, one beeing ikbooster undo, and the icon rotational halt I experienced in 2019.03, but 2019-03 it wasnīt that crashy.
    Check scenefile attached.
    Image shows the proof of it working in 2019.03 ...let me know wether or not it works for you guys in 2019.1 or not?
    And why did the node force input get so darn close to tone to the grid input, you can hardly seperate them .why not make them orange or something?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	145614
    Attached Files Attached Files

Funny Prometheus, i am also getting the same impression. Im having quite a few crashes and for no really repeatable reason. Maybe this was why it was originally delayed.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Funny Prometheus, i am also getting the same impression. Im having quite a few crashes and for no really repeatable reason. Maybe this was why it was originally delayed.
    You know what, I can not continue to work with 2019.1....other than to test any new feature from time to time, what I need to do is uninstall it, run virus checks and reboot a couple of times..check pc health and drivers, then re-install it again an see how that goes, but a bit funny that 2019.0-3 doesnt crash like that I think...will have to do so the upcoming weeks.

And if the problem persist try to do my best to describe and crash report, notable is that these crashes are layout related mostly..I think, besides that..the connecion between modeler and layout isnīt good, and it often hangs itself..that is not something I had issues with before.

Would really appreciate if someone can check that scenefile I posted and see if it works on their 2019.1 version ..or not?

The VDB toolset and gas solver is really exciting as a starter... I hope they continue to refine it and speed improve it, finally we have a fluid smoke and fire solution at place...albeit a bit rough and slow, building up speed and openGL presentation at itīs best, and further on try to build/wrap a framework modul around the nodes with easier controls..that is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    You know what, I can not continue to work with 2019.1....other than to test any new feature from time to time, what I need to do is uninstall it, run virus checks and reboot a couple of times..check pc health and drivers, then re-install it again an see how that goes, but a bit funny that 2019.0-3 doesnt crash like that I think...will have to do so the upcoming weeks.

And if the problem persist try to do my best to describe and crash report, notable is that these crashes are layout related mostly..I think, besides that..the connecion between modeler and layout isnīt good, and it often hangs itself..that is not something I had issues with before.

Would really appreciate if someone can check that scenefile I posted and see if it works on their 2019.1 version ..or not?

The VDB toolset and gas solver is really exciting as a starter... I hope they continue to refine it and speed improve it, finally we have a fluid smoke and fire solution at place...albeit a bit rough and slow, building up speed and openGL presentation at itīs best, and further on try to build/wrap a framework modul around the nodes with easier controls..that is ideal.
    I'm not getting an issue but I am not getting the vdb to spawn particles. have vpr running, play scene, interact with nodes and no issues.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast