Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3DŪ 2019.1 is Available Now

Tried this scene and the same results as gar26lw, no particles being spawned at all.

Thats weird, when i first loaded your scene i got nothing. I closed Layout and opened it again and loaded your scene and now it seems to work.

However it does not seem to look the same as yours with LW 2019.0.3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gas Solver.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	528.2 KB 
ID:	145616  
    Last edited by JohnMarchant; 07-25-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Frequenter
    Just tested (Win 10 1809): I get no crashes, no problems with no spawning, just started once I hit play it starts to do its "magic" in both 2019.0.3 and also 2019.1.0 but I get clearly different results. Attached screengrab shows both at frame 13:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prom_VDB_GasSolver_2019_0_3_vs_2019_1_0_Frame013.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	145617

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Just tested (Win 10 1809): I get no crashes, no problems with no spawning, just started once I hit play it starts to do its "magic" in both 2019.0.3 and also 2019.1.0 but I get clearly different results. Attached screengrab shows both at frame 13:

Name:	Prom_VDB_GasSolver_2019_0_3_vs_2019_1_0_Frame013.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	145617
    no you are wrong..it doesnt do its magic in both version..
    and as you self confirmed..the difference is that it doesnt
    recognize the paeticles..the fluid result you see is just a part from the gas solvers bouyancy settings.

you are thereby confirming its just not my system that screws itbup
    ..but something in the lwv2019.1 release.
    i need to bugfile this.

Frequenter
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    no you are wrong..it doesnt do its magic in both version...
    ofc - "magic" as in irony ;-\

... you are thereby confirming its just not my system that screws itbup ..but something in the lwv2019.1 release.
    i need to bugfile this.
    yep, looks like it... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Tried this scene and the same results as gar26lw, no particles being spawned at all.

Thats weird, when i first loaded your scene i got nothing. I closed Layout and opened it again and loaded your scene and now it seems to work.

However it does not seem to look the same as yours with LW 2019.0.3
    Same issue as explained, you did run this in 2019.1? it doesn work, if you run it under 2019.0.3 it should work-
    if you didnīt ge any particles spawning..you may just need to change birth rate a bit or back agan.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    I'm not getting an issue but I am not getting the vdb to spawn particles. have vpr running, play scene, interact with nodes and no issues.
    Which version of Lightwave?
    Vdb doesnīt spawn particles at all that is not how it works, a standard particle emitter spawns particles, vdb emission is a fluid field and I wouldnīt refer to it is particles when you in the same context have standard particle emitters...this fluid field should recognize standard particles velocity and use that as Force only.

What is it that doesnīt show? standard particles from a dynamic emitter, or vdb fluids? and in what lw version?

Again, there should be no problems in 2019.03 while in 2019.1 the particle velocity will not be recognized and thus only a slight fluid motion based on the settings in the gas solver will occour..but not any motion from particles.
    if particles isnīt spawning in 2019.03...just try and change birthrate a bit, and it should start spawning particles again.

Which version of Lightwave?
    Vdb doesnīt spawn particles at all that is not how it works, a standard particle emitter spawns particles, vdb emission is a fluid field and I wouldnīt refer to it is particles when you in the same context have standard particle emitters...this fluid field should recognize standard particles velocity and use that as Force only.

What is it that doesnīt show? standard particles from a dynamic emitter, or vdb fluids? and in what lw version?

Again, there should be no problems in 2019.03 while in 2019.1 the particle velocity will not be recognized and thus only a slight fluid motion based on the settings in the gas solver will occour..but not any motion from particles.
    if particles isnīt spawning in 2019.03...just try and change birthrate a bit, and it should start spawning particles again.
    version 2019.1

looks like this :

Name:	2019.1.PNG 
Views:	563 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	145622

definitely a bug.

2019.03 :

Name:	2019.0.3.PNG 
Views:	560 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	145623

I just install LW 2019.1 the installer not have the UE 4.22 Plugin inside.
    In my account I found this ,LightWave 2019.0.3 Unreal Bridge 4.22 Plugin Update.
    This version also work with LightWave 2019.1 ???

I will try it this wekend....

Quote Originally Posted by aperezg View Post
    I just install LW 2019.1 the installer not have the UE 4.22 Plugin inside.
    In my account I found this ,LightWave 2019.0.3 Unreal Bridge 4.22 Plugin Update.
    This version also work with LightWave 2019.1 ???

I will try it this wekend....
    LW2019.1 will include the latest everything. No need.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Okay, LW 2019.1, the installer not have the UE 4.22 Plugin inside.
    I download, LightWave 2019.0.3 Unreal Bridge 4.22 Plugin Update, from my account. And it works with LW 2019.1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	path.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	483.0 KB 
ID:	145680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	145679  

Quote Originally Posted by aperezg View Post
    Okay, LW 2019.1, the installer not have the UE 4.22 Plugin inside.
    I download, LightWave 2019.0.3 Unreal Bridge 4.22 Plugin Update, from my account. And it works with LW 2019.1.
    Must be a mac thing.

Name:	Unreal.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	145684
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

I can now confirm that the gas solver and particle issues I had with my scenefiles which wouldnīt work in 2019.1....are now solved with the release of 2019.1.1.
    So the gas solver is producing gas in the direction the particles are moving, the scenefile can be found on
    page 6 ..post 87.

So Thanks to the LW team to solve it quickly, now I am just a bit worried over how much it may or not may crash..will see.

I can now confirm that the gas solver and particle issues I had with my scenefiles which wouldnīt work in 2019.1....are now solved with the release of 2019.1.1.
    So the gas solver is producing gas in the direction the particles are moving, the scenefile can be found on
    page 6 ..post 87.

So Thanks to the LW team to solve it quickly, now I am just a bit worried over how much it may or not may crash..will see.
    So that scene is all native LW stuff and can be 100% made in LW? If so - WOW!! And Cool!! - thanks for sharing.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    So that scene is all native LW stuff and can be 100% made in LW? If so - WOW!! And Cool!! - thanks for sharing.
    Yes..it was 100% native LW stuff without additional cost for any smoke & fire plugin.
    I bit late..but great to finally have it yet in a cradle state...I think I prefer to hope a development of this rather than TFD, it could mean a better tighter development in sync with LIghtwave itself..and itīs render engine.
    And a support where questions could be answered..which is not the case at jawset.
    TFD has also been highly unstable and crashing a lot through various Lightwave versions on my system, and appearently others have that issue as well.
    Now...Lightwave VDB tools has also been unstable..but I will judge it abit more in reference to it being very new implementations.

With a little more dedicated and much more hardwork, not leaving it as it is today...they may be able to push the VDB tools and gas solver to be a native fluid solution that could matche free blender fluids, but itīs a long way perhaps.
    The speed of simulation, and the openGL look needs improvements...after that, it needs to be wrapped in to a dedicated UI module rather that having to jump in to nodes for every tweak, that is what worries me about the development of Lightwave..I fear they do not implement the tools more than constructing them in to nodes ..and leave it at that, I think it would be a kill workflow that will not help sell Lightwave...so something must be addressed for the hole node concept and start wrapping the nodes in to UI elements that is easier to use.

I really like that you can drive the gas solver force affect with the velocity Only of the particles, and not the particles themself, I am actually not sure you could even do that with TFD ..other than actually use the particles for the fluid emission itself..and need to adjust particle size for that..not sure if that was the same, donīt think so.

Another thing..the VDB gas solver will let you render out the newer volumetrics unlike TFD which requires to convert to VDB first.
    But other than that, the fireshader is much easier to tweak in TFD than trying to get a good blackbody gradient going on with the new VDB tools.

If work is focused on this and if they can leverage the issues with speed, opengl presentation and wrap it in to a UI module as well...they will have put themself to compete against Houdini and blender for a native fire and smoke solution, not all General 3D software that has that.

Then there needs work with bullet and itīs forces, the same forces that pushes a bullet dynamic item, should affect both lw particles and push VDB gas solver as well to make the most of it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast